It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: AR Media---I`m pissed
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:15 pm 
UserName Retired

I did.

Asked a few basic questions and NONE of them knew anything about UCA. Randy even said he didn’t follow the team. As expected they compared the Bears stat with the pigs stat. But he didn’t play at Arkansas or he wouldn’t have been that successful against SEC competition. WTF do the pigs have to do with the questions or stats or successes of UCA that I brought up?!

You are welcome to call them. I’m done. Don’t be surprised if they cut you off mid sentence or even leave you on hold forever til you give up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:33 am 
Two-Time All-American

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Justin and RJ are the Bears only voice
as far as state media goes and RJ has minimal air time to begin with. Now that
the Razorback worshiper Eric Sullivan has been fired for being the scum bag he
is maybe Justin will hire someone with connections to UCA...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:54 pm 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Justin and RJ are the Bears only voice
as far as state media goes and RJ has minimal air time to begin with. Now that
the Razorback worshiper Eric Sullivan has been fired for being the scum bag he
is maybe Justin will hire someone with connections to UCA...

That would be the best thing to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:04 am 
UserName Retired

Interesting read in the Echo:

This question was posed to students:

How do you feel about the $19 per hour athletic fee?

Some answers: (some answers below are part of their answers)

"I don't go to games so it's a pointless fee for me."

"There's a lot of students who don't ever go to games."

"I personally think it's a little too much considering we don't have like the greatest teams, I think it's too expensive."

"I wish there was more information about where the money goes. "

These answers basically tell me two things. Our students don't know about the successes of our programs AND it appears our athletic department makes very little effort to involve students in creating the culture of following the success our Bears and Sugar Bears have had and are still achieving! We've won numerous conference championships. The game tickets don't cost extra for students to get into like major college sports. On and on and on. IF we want to build a fan base then we have to start at the student level. Apps that update 10 minutes after the real time events is not ground floor footwork. There are no signs on campus in or near the dorms that say BE THERE. There are no signs in the community that give us something to do. We're down to HOPING our radio guy in L.R. will mention us at random times. This is unacceptable. When I visit campus I want to see game week and game day lawn signs near critical areas students frequent. Ugh. There is so much more things that can be done VERY cheaply.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:09 am 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Interesting read in the Echo:

This question was posed to students:

How do you feel about the $19 per hour athletic fee?

Some answers: (some answers below are part of their answers)

"I don't go to games so it's a pointless fee for me."

"There's a lot of students who don't ever go to games."

"I personally think it's a little too much considering we don't have like the greatest teams, I think it's too expensive."

To be fair all university's in Arkansas have an athletic fee except the U of A.
"I wish there was more information about where the money goes. "

These answers basically tell me two things. Our students don't know about the successes of our programs AND it appears our athletic department makes very little effort to involve students in creating the culture of following the success our Bears and Sugar Bears have had and are still achieving! We've won numerous conference championships. The game tickets don't cost extra for students to get into like major college sports. On and on and on. IF we want to build a fan base then we have to start at the student level. Apps that update 10 minutes after the real time events is not ground floor footwork. There are no signs on campus in or near the dorms that say BE THERE. There are no signs in the community that give us something to do. We're down to HOPING our radio guy in L.R. will mention us at random times. This is unacceptable. When I visit campus I want to see game week and game day lawn signs near critical areas students frequent. Ugh. There is so much more things that can be done VERY cheaply.