It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AR Media---I`m pissed
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:44 pm 
All-Conference

What the hell is wrong with this state? Here we are barely 4 days from "possibly" the biggest football game in the history of UCA and our states media outlets are waaaaaaayyyyyy too quiet (at least channel 7 is trying). All they want to talk about is the coaching search at the U of Loserville and even the high school playoffs. What gives? What is wrong? I want an answer!!!!!! actually I would like to beat someones a** over it, and what about the city?? Where is the marketing? Where is the talk? THEY EVEN HAD AN EXTRA WEEK. UCA officials can only do so much. What is it going to take to wake up these people?-----
A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ??? I so wish we could get it!!! If we do (this year or any other year) I`m going to be that annoying guy. I`m going to rub it into every Hog fans face that is UCA alumnus! and if I lose any friends over it then good riddance.
My own mother (who has a Bachelors and Masters from UCA) informed me that it was my "duty" to support the states flagship school! Really ????? what a bunch of nonsense.
Sorry for the rant but our state is full of a bunch of brainwashed fools.
GO BEARS !!!!

Post subject: Re: AR Media---I`m pissed
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 am 
UserName Retired

=D> =D>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:36 am 
All-Conference

UCAFaninTN wrote:
What the hell is wrong with this state? Here we are barely 4 days from "possibly" the biggest football game in the history of UCA and our states media outlets are waaaaaaayyyyyy too quiet (at least channel 7 is trying). All they want to talk about is the coaching search at the U of Loserville and even the high school playoffs. What gives? What is wrong? I want an answer!!!!!! actually I would like to beat someones a** over it, and what about the city?? Where is the marketing? Where is the talk? THEY EVEN HAD AN EXTRA WEEK. UCA officials can only do so much. What is it going to take to wake up these people?-----
A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ??? I so wish we could get it!!! If we do (this year or any other year) I`m going to be that annoying guy. I`m going to rub it into every Hog fans face that is UCA alumnus! and if I lose any friends over it then good riddance.
My own mother (who has a Bachelors and Masters from UCA) informed me that it was my "duty" to support the states flagship school! Really ????? what a bunch of nonsense.
Sorry for the rant but our state is full of a bunch of brainwashed fools.
GO BEARS !!!!

You get it, wish other people would as well. It's a big deal. No reason people in Central Arkansas couldn't come out and support the bears.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:56 pm 
Two-Time All-American

It's obviously no fun
Covering a program
That wins...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:34 pm 
All-Conference

FOOT84 wrote:
It's obviously no fun
Covering a program
That wins...

.....70% of their games over the last 45 years, and many conference championships, and multiple National Championships.
No, that can’t be fun at all. :^o

I believe the “Flagship” school last won a conference championship in 1988.
Bet that was fun =D>

Go Bears!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:03 pm 
Team Captain

UCAFaninTN wrote:

The problem with some of the people I know who watch football is they equate UCA football to the high school playoffs...wish they would just give it a chance and see that there is FBS-quality talent on the roster just like G5 teams have too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:22 pm 
UserName Retired

UCAFaninTN…..why don't you just come out and tell us how you feel about this and not be so coy?

Auburn used to have that same complaint in Alabama but no longer. Texas A&M used to be less than a distant cousin to UT but no more.

I quit reading the adg and rarely listen to a NWA sportscaster who actually played ball for UCA. When they cover my school (other than when something unflattering happens) and my Bears and SugarBears I'll use their product....maybe some day we should have a call in non-stop to Drive Time Sports and take Randy up on his "caller driven show".....

Don't give up the passion for purple!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 pm 
Team Captain

The worst part is the LR news channels don’t try to hide it anymore. I believe Ch 4’s “sports” is called Razorback Nation and the only coverage (at least at 10 pm and as far as I can remember) was of UA major sports.

I have lived in southern MO news viewing area for over a decade but when I see LR stations it’s the same song and dance. I do have to say that Sully was always my favorite and would regularly report on D2 and UCA games. Still that way?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:37 pm 
All-Conference

Were any of you listening to "The show with no name" a couple of weeks ago when Wally Hall had to be corrected after saying UCA was a D2 school??? (it wasn't a gaff) Yes, Wally Hall, a guy that is in the business of following sports in AR---for the last 30 years, oops, I forgot, he only follows the Hogs. What a freakin joke man. At least RJ called him out on it during the commercial break.
Let me also say that "the show with no name" is absolutely, hands down, the worst radio show that ever existed in the history of mankind. I only tune in to hear interviews and to wait until 10 am when the good show starts with people that are coherent and that you can understand.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:39 am 
UserName Retired

That was no mistake by the esteemed Mr Hall...…..I'm perfectly fine if he never comes to Estes...…..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:29 am 
All-Conference

JRK wrote:
UCAFaninTN…..why don't you just come out and tell us how you feel about this and not be so coy?

Auburn used to have that same complaint in Alabama but no longer. Texas A&M used to be less than a distant cousin to UT but no more.

I quit reading the adg and rarely listen to a NWA sportscaster who actually played ball for UCA. When they cover my school (other than when something unflattering happens) and my Bears and SugarBears I'll use their product....maybe some day we should have a call in non-stop to Drive Time Sports and take Randy up on his "caller driven show".....

Don't give up the passion for purple!!!

The show has slipped quite a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 am 
All-Conference

UCAFaninTN wrote:
Were any of you listening to "The show with no name" a couple of weeks ago when Wally Hall had to be corrected after saying UCA was a D2 school??? (it wasn't a gaff) Yes, Wally Hall, a guy that is in the business of following sports in AR---for the last 30 years, oops, I forgot, he only follows the Hogs. What a freakin joke man. At least RJ called him out on it during the commercial break.
Let me also say that "the show with no name" is absolutely, hands down, the worst radio show that ever existed in the history of mankind. I only tune in to hear interviews and to wait until 10 am when the good show starts with people that are coherent and that you can understand.

We are doing the Mount Rushmore of bubble gum.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:57 pm 
Two-Time All-American

It does no good to berate the Arkansas media...they simply do not care
about anything that goes on at UCA. As far as they are concerned UCA is
just a school north of Little Rock and south of Washington County.

We just need to find a way to grow our on fan base from within. The media
will not help with this effort because they believe in something that has been
promoted out of pure fantasy, an illusion if you will that cannot be supported
by fact.

They and their listeners suffer from MEGALOMANIA...a mental disorder that
deals with people, who for whatever reason think they are of greatness.

All I know is the UCA Bears are 73-28 in conf. games since their first full
season in the Southland and have won 2 conference championships in the
last 3 seasons.

Also they are a #8 national seed in the FCS Playoffs.

I don't give a rats a** what the the pig lovers think....

BPSG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:55 pm 
Practice Squad

I guess one media station got the message. Channel 11 just did a segment on UCA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:01 pm 
All-Conference

Wally Hall is a pompous ass. He referred to uca as U of A at Conway not to long ago. I don’t think he’s trying to be coy, I think he just is ignorant