It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2020
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:30 pm 
UserName Retired

I generally would not start this thread now but we are close.....seems to me if our o-line was just a little stronger we would have slowed ISU's rush enough to give #3 time to throw to 82 and 88 for some big scores...…..we have the strength facilities and staff to get that done....I listen to quite a it of LSU football talk radio while driving across our fair state and it is amazing how much credit is being given to their o-line just getting stronger in the past year or so....

Still, we have more beyond that to do to get competitive with NDSU.....

Now, it will interesting with our opening game at Mizzou....our experienced QB and receivers while Tigers will be trying to figure how who their QB will be plus a totally new coaching staff....never know but count on the Tigers to have excellent defense...even with their troubles this year it was offense not being able to chew up clock as normal and D was on the field way too long …..still gave up only 19 points per game …….this might be a surprisingly good game.... see their new coach's presser at link below.....

https://mutigers.com/news/2019/12/10/eliah-drinkwitz-chosen-as-mizzous-head-football-coach.aspx

Last edited by JRK on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 2020
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 pm 
All-Conference

JRK wrote:
I generally would not start this thread now but we are close.....seems to me if our o-line was just a little stronger we would have slowed ISU's rush enough to give #3 time to throw to 82 and 83 for some big scores...…..we have the strength facilities and staff to get that done....I listen to quite a it of LSU football talk radio while driving across our fair state and it is amazing how much credit is being given to their o-line just getting stronger in the past year or so....

Still, we have more beyond that to do to get competitive with NDSU.....

Now, it will interesting with our opening game at Mizzou....our experienced QB and receivers while Tigers will be trying to figure how who their QB will be plus a totally new coaching staff....never know but count on the Tigers to have excellent defense...even with their troubles this year it was offense not being able to chew up clock as normal and D was on the field way too long …..still gave up only 19 points per game …….this might be a surprisingly good game.... see their new coach's presser at link below.....

https://mutigers.com/news/2019/12/10/eliah-drinkwitz-chosen-as-mizzous-head-football-coach.aspx

I also think it's a matter of developing players, money for better facilities, and top notch coaching. We are on the up and up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:44 pm 
All-Conference

We need to fill up Estes stadium every game. The citizens of Conway and business people need to back this team up. The Bears do notice empty seats and that discourages them a lot. That's what the Bears told me. I love the Bears and Go Bears Go

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 pm 
UserName Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:18 pm 
Starter

Thanks for sharing ^ Josh ! Always enjoy these vids !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:14 pm 
Redshirt

Excited for the MIZZOU game... definitely worth the drive up!

New staff there @ Mizzou, might be able to surprise them and hang with a decent SEC Program.

GO BEARS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:18 pm 
UserName Retired

Tigers may be in for a huge awakening.....a totally new coaching staff (albeit a pretty stout record of accomplishment elsewhere) and a new QB adds up to potential trouble.….while they typically play a FCS team ( I know they have played McNeese, Southeastern, Mo State and SEMO in recent years)..none of these were FCS Top 10 the year before...…...and not with a proven QB, excellent WRs and in-place coaching staff and schemes.....COMO is a nice town and the campus is very nice...……….Bears fans should turn out strongly for this game..Go Bears!!

PS - maybe take in a Royals or Cardinals game on Friday night and drive over next AM...it will likely be oppressively warm based on my experience.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:02 pm 
All-Conference

Papabear wrote:
We need to fill up Estes stadium every game. The citizens of Conway and business people need to back this team up. The Bears do notice empty seats and that discourages them a lot. That's what the Bears told me. I love the Bears and Go Bears Go

I have already pitched 2 different ideas to the department and basically was shut down on both. One idea would definitely put extra butts in the seats AT NO COST TO THE UNIVERSITY. They acted like they were good ideas and even said they would check into it and see if they could find sponsors for what I had in mind, but I know they probably didn't put much effort into it. I understand that when you`re an employee of the institution and getting a paycheck from them that you have to work for that paycheck and probably don't want to put a whole lot of extra time into new ideas/projects, but that is what sets champions apart from those that just want to be good.
Until we (the athletic administration) takes the approach of "we need to come up with bigger and better ideas EVERY YEAR" I`m afraid its going to be the same ole stuff year after year.
One idea I could afford to do on my own although it will cost around $ 1,500.00. I think I might go ahead and do it and ask for forgiveness later.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:13 am 
All-Conference

Go for it !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:21 am 
All-Conference

UCAFaninTN wrote:
Papabear wrote:

I have already pitched 2 different ideas to the department and basically was shut down on both. One idea would definitely put extra butts in the seats AT NO COST TO THE UNIVERSITY. They acted like they were good ideas and even said they would check into it and see if they could find sponsors for what I had in mind, but I know they probably didn't put much effort into it. I understand that when you`re an employee of the institution and getting a paycheck from them that you have to work for that paycheck and probably don't want to put a whole lot of extra time into new ideas/projects, but that is what sets champions apart from those that just want to be good.
Until we (the athletic administration) takes the approach of "we need to come up with bigger and better ideas EVERY YEAR" I`m afraid its going to be the same ole stuff year after year.
One idea I could afford to do on my own although it will cost around $ 1,500.00. I think I might go ahead and do it and ask for forgiveness later.

Go for it! We will support you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:24 pm 
UserName Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:09 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:

7 hours and 18 minutes from Conway, big trip. 5 hours and 20 minutes from Clarksville, TN.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:16 pm 
UserName Retired

Mulerider wrote:
7 hours and 18 minutes from Conway, big trip. 5 hours and 20 minutes from Clarksville, TN.

So it's a game I can drive to and drive back from in one day. Cool. I've got 15 people already that are in to going with my family. =D>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:27 pm 
Starter

https://www.guardiankickoffclassic.com/austin-peay-central-arkansas-to-meet-in-guardian-credit-union-fcs-kickoff/

AUSTIN PEAY, CENTRAL ARKANSAS TO MEET IN GUARDIAN CREDIT UNION FCS KICKOFF

“This is a big deal for not only UCA football and athletics but the university as a whole,” Central Arkansas head coach Nathan Brown said. “To be asked to play in the Week Zero FCS kickoff game is a true honor and shows the respect that our football program has across the nation. We will be one of the only games that weekend and to be featured on ESPN is a big deal not only for our current players and coaches but also for future recruits and a way to spread our national brand. We are humbled and excited to be presented with this opportunity and plan to put our best foot forward to represent Bear Nation in a positive light nationally.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:57 pm 
All-Conference

Why are they not playing in Conway. There will less than 2,000 people there