It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No pub
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:27 am 
2nd Team

Got up this morning looking for some info on Thursday's game (sure as hell can't find any in the ass-wipe Arkadelphia site) or the LCD so far (takes them a while to ge their internet updated), but I was surprised to find nothing in the Dem-Gazette. There was, however, a long preview on Arkansas Tech :oops: and Arkansas State :twisted: with the usual Razorback overload.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:37 am 
2nd Team

Sorry, the LCD regurgitated this one word for word from the UCA SID... still a good story.
http://www.thecabin.net/stories/082706/ ... 0031.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:35 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

there is a huge color ad in the sports page of the ArDemGaz on UCA's football season that includes our schedule. I've also seen a new commercial on the upcoming football season running the last two nights on Channel 4 and 11 during their 10 pm news (and my guess it is on 7 too, I just have not seen it personally if it has. I also do not know personally if it has run at 5 or 6 pm newscasts either) that in my opinion is outstanding. So I'm not sure the no pub arguement is going to hold anymore around here. And after being a back here long enough now to get a taste of what is going on, my guess is that the Log Cabin would cover more if they would allow David McC to do so, but it's hard to travel a lot if the paper, or it's owner, wont give you money to cover something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:18 pm 
2nd Team

Wasn't talking about advertising on the school's part, was talking about actual real coverage by a reporter... it's nice they bought an ad, but the Dem-Gazette should have some stories ... you know, for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:29 pm 
Starter

The Bears MAY get a front page story in the Demozette either Wednesday or Thursday if we are lucky and we might get a front page out of the Henderson State Game Thursday Nighbt, again, if we are lucky.

Steve East, keep up the good work of sending releases to all the media.

I did see the TV ad on 4, 7, and 11. Very classy, very good and it is a good introduction about what we are going to do. It also showed that John Thompson is not going to be afraid to get in front of a camera and talk about our programs.

A new day has dawned for UCA Athletics. Let's get behind them Bears!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:05 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Nick Walker, I believe is the name of the man in charge of UCA stories about UCA at the ArDemGaz. I'd address him with any concerns or thought about lack of coverage about UCA. But I will say this, he has done an outstanding job to date. ButI 'd say contact him and see what he has to say if anyone out there thinks he is not covering us enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:27 am 
Starter

Nick has done a great job of covering our program. I just hate seeing us get relegated to a place on Page 9 or 10 or somewhere near the back instead of having something once in a while on the front page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:38 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Gameweek in the Rock will host a press conference for the "Capital City Classic" at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at War Memorial Stadium. The "Capital City Classic" features the University of Central Arkansas Bears and the Henderson State Reddies at 7 p.m. Thursday at the stadium.

The press conference will take place at Gate 7 of War Memorial Stadium (west side) at 10:30 and will feature coaches and players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:33 pm 
UserName Retired

Sweet, I may try to make it over for that.
That will make all the news stations on Wednesday as a good reminder for the next day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:47 pm 
UserName Retired

Man I am getting so excited! I sure hope we can bring a ton of people out to the game whether or not they support UCA because Arkansas Childrens Hospital is such a worthy cause.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:49 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

yes, yes it is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:59 pm 
Redshirt

There is no doubt UCA will have the larger crowd, don't expect too many from HSU, even though there is a huge HSU tailgate party with Corky's BBQ beginning @ 5pm.