It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SNW Ranks Conferences
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:28 pm 
All-Conference

Not sure we can be happy with this one. The SLC is 6th in Matt D's rankings. We were 4th in last year's final GPI, ahead of the GWFC and A10, which were ahead of us in Matt D's poll this year. We'll see how things shake up this year. SLC is going to have to take care of business in the I-AA games that are on the slate. Too many I-A games...
---------
1) Gateway
2) Atlantic 10
3) GWFC
4) Big Sky
5) Southern
6) Southland
7) OVC
8) Patriot
9) Ivy
10) Big South
11) MEAC
12) SWAC
-----------------
6. Southland

Good News: There isn’t a terrible team in the bunch. Even projected last place Stephen F. Austin has the potential to win games and compete in the league. McNeese State is back with its best team since 2003, and Nicholls State and Texas State are solid after proving they could win last year. Southeastern Louisiana is making great progress as a program and has the chance to sneak into contention. With a plethora of I-A games, the league has a chance to gain exposure by pulling off a couple of upsets.

Bad News: The I-A games present a chance for upsets, but also a greater likelihood for losses. With most teams scheduling two and three I-A opponents, the chances of anyone earning an at-large bid are slim. While the league looks very deep, a young team would have to emerge quickly for the Southland to produce a legitimate national title contender.

In the End: With a six-game conference schedule and balanced competition, expect the league title to come down to one or two games on the final Saturday. McNeese State probably has a slight edge on the league, and the Cowboys could earn a home game in the playoffs due to their strong facilities and attendance. Texas State will find itself on the playoff bubble on selection day. Even if the league gets one team in the playoffs and does not win a game, the young squads should develop throughout the year and set up a very strong conference with national contenders in 2007.
----------------
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4037868.htm
----------------

1. Gateway Football Conference (25.82)
2. Southern Conference (26.99)
3. Big Sky Conference (28.27)
4. Southland Conference (30.44)
5. Great West Football Conference (31.65)
6. Atlantic 10 Conference (32.24)
7. Ivy League (42.63)
8. Ohio Valley Conference (53.37)
9. Patriot League (53.38)
10. Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (55.74)
11. Big South Conference (60.27)
12. Southwestern Athletic Conference (64.71)
13. Pioneer Football League (68.42)
14. Northeast Conference (73.75)
15. Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference (77.82)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:32 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

who's Matt D?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:51 am 
All-Conference

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
who's Matt D?

The Sports Network's man when it comes to I-AA coverage. Head over to Sports Network and check out what he does. Great coverage!

Definitely a bookmark for you I-AA folks,

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/indexpic.htm