It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aaron Fairooz and UCA coverage
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:21 pm 
UserName Retired

Tonight on Channel 7 Jusin Acri will be doing a special on Aaron Fairooz and UCA possibly concerning his forthcoming pro career and his hair! :lol: Tonight at 10 p.m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:36 pm 
UserName Retired

someone needs to find a way to record it and put it on the internet for all of us out-of-staters to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:55 pm 
UserName Retired

joshuca wrote:
someone needs to find a way to record it and put it on the internet for all of us out-of-staters to watch.

I think I know someone with that capability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:09 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I will not be watching.

This is just what we need, a star player talking on TV about his hair and potential pro career 1 game into the season.

Give me a break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:02 pm 
UserName Retired

I think the whole bit will be about UCA with a focus on different players. It will probably also show some of the more humorous side of the team players too. I don't think this is meant to be a repunsal , repunzal, repunzel(sp?) type sport short. :lol:

P.S. I think he's a "lock" for the NFL anyway. ha! :lol:

.....sorry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:06 pm 
Team Captain

Let's hope the feature focuses on Aaron's ability and not on his coiffure. It can't help but be positive anyway. More exposure. More fans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:19 pm 
UserName Retired

purplebruinfan wrote:
coiffure
Did you pull out your freakin dictionary for that one? Or is that just the ole UCA education at work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:04 pm 
Two-Time All-American

BEARS2006 wrote:
I think the whole bit will be about UCA with a focus on different players. It will probably also show some of the more humorous side of the team players too. I don't think this is meant to be a repunsal , repunzal, repunzel(sp?) type sport short. :lol:

P.S. I think he's a "lock" for the NFL anyway. ha! :lol:

.....sorry...

It is beside the point whether he makes the NFL or not. Of course I hope he does as that would be wonderful exposure for our program.

My point is, our team needs to be focused on the games this season, not on doing interviews about their appearance or their NFL prospects.

I do hope the interview/feature talks about more than this but listening to Justin Acri and Nathan Whatshisname does not encourage me much. What a joke they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:27 pm 
UserName Retired

Since Justin does the football report for UCA on Sundays I am very grateful that he has taken more of an initiative to expose the state to the great program UCA has developed. Any positive publicity, even if it is lighthearted, is a plus. Besides, what are the guys playing for this year?? pride? 8)

I agree with you on taking care of business first. But let's remember that they are 18-23 years old and they all know that after the fun of college comes the days of hard labor...be it in the nfl or a corporation or whatever. We as fans can have a little fun with it, but they should find that balance of fun and focus. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:06 pm 
All-American

BEARS2006 wrote:
Since Justin does the football report for UCA on Sundays I am very grateful that he has taken more of an initiative to expose the state to the great program UCA has developed. Any positive publicity, even if it is lighthearted, is a plus. Besides, what are the guys playing for this year?? pride? 8)

I agree with you on taking care of business first. But let's remember that they are 18-23 years old and they all know that after the fun of college comes the days of hard labor...be it in the nfl or a corporation or whatever. We as fans can have a little fun with it, but they should find that balance of fun and focus. :D

Unfortunately, Justin is leaving KATV and going to "The Buzz" fulltime very shortly. I understand he will continue to do the teevee show for the remainder of this year. It will be interesting to see if KATV continues to cover the UCA beat.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:22 pm 
2nd Team

I would not call Justin or Nathan a joke. UCA has gotten more coverage from those two guys in the last 2 years than I can remember in the last 10 years. They both not only talk about us on the radio, but promote us in many other ways as well. Justin and Nathan truly care about the Bears, they also know what their listeners want. They choose to show the Bears whether coaches or players in a very human light.

Know this, Coach Conque will not dare let his guys do an interview that he thinks may get them un-focused or not show our entire program in a positive way. If coach says it is okay, then we should trust them and hopefully we will be shown in a positive way. I am more than glad to get the coverage, it is one less second I have to spend watching coverage on the Hogs dropping the ball time after time! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:38 pm 
UserName Retired

So.... joshuca, you didn't miss anything.
Unless the story was on during the 5 or 6, it wasn't shown today.
But it's not uncommon for a story that's not time-specific to be shot one day and aired later that week.

Who knows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:05 pm 
Practice Squad

I'll just say this. Coach Conque knows exactly the questions that will be asked. Secondly, let's remember the ultimate goal here. More exposure for UCA, therefore more support/fans. We are in a wonderful position with JT, Lu and the gang working hard to attract a fair number of supporters in the Metro known as Central Arkansas. Justin and Nathan reach the ears of many, many folks around the area and are great for the program. If I can steal one of their gimmicks I would have to give a Game Ball to those two for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:10 am 
Two-Time All-American

Hey, I will stand up and admit it when I am wrong.

I couldn not stand it so I watched the piece on the early sports (the 6:00 p.m. version I beleive).

I was very well done and while the "hair" was mentioned it was done in good taste and Aaron did an excellent job of talking about the team and this season.

My reference to Justin and Nathan being a joke was directed at them constantly referring to the snoots as "we". I understand that the UofA should dominate the airways and most of the time be the lead story but it just bugs me that two guys who never attended the UofA refer to them as "we" and "we" (UCA) pay them.

However, I do understand that 103.7 does give us tons of publicity and I am glad for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:31 am 
Team Captain

Just to second the thumbs up . Yes,I think the piece was done well.I happened to make practice that day and Justin Acri also had a rather lengthy conversation with Steve East .Sorry to hear that he's leaving channel 7.