It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meet and greet - impressions
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:52 am 
UserName Retired

Just wondering how many of you have had the opportunity to meet the new president and his wife during their short stay here so far. What you think?

I met them Friday night for the first time and had various discussions with both of them concerning various subjects. I was very impressed with Dr. Meadors in the fact that he walked up to me and wanted to know about me. Of course that ended up being a short conversation but none the less it was a sincere question by him. He is thrilled to be back at his alma mater and hopes to move UCA into a new era. He said it would take a collective effort by everyone who is wanting to see UCA excel in a new direction. Can't argue with that.

Mrs. Meadors - a very dynamic personality. This lady will not be baking cookies. She came across as one who will do her part to help her husband succeed at what he was hired to do. Definitely a twofer hire, imo.

All things considered, at this point I think the right person got the job. Time will tell. Even in his short stay here three things for certain have become evident to me: he loves this university, he realizes the importance of a successful athletic department, and last but not least he is genuinely concerned about the support and success of the students. That pretty much puts him on the right track with me.

Given time I think he will be a president of long range visions and expectations and not a quick fix artist. :wink:

Oh yeah, one other thing - there ain't an ounce of politician in this man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:51 am 
Team Captain

I assure you that Mrs. Meadors is not a passive, "let me hide in the kitchen" wife. She has a strong personality and is smart and aggressive. I do not know about most folks, but I kind of like aggressive, smart, confident, not-scared women, she is definitely all of that. Allen will settle in well, he really wants to help his alma mater and he wants to do things the right way. I am glad you got a chance to visit with him, even if for just a short while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:31 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
he walked up to me and wanted to know about me.

And he still decided to stay as president??? Surely you did not reveal much.

Quote:
I assure you that Mrs. Meadors is not a passive, "let me hide in the kitchen" wife. She has a strong personality and is smart and aggressive.

Not going to touch that.....I have about a dozen females in my family that would box your ears pretty good for suggesting they can't excel in and out of kitchen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:43 pm 
UserName Retired

52 wrote:
And he still decided to stay as president???

YUKYUK. I told him I'd dig a little deeper in the old pocket and see if I couldn't come up with some extra funds this year. I now have the third friend in my life. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:27 pm 
UserName Retired

Honey Bear wrote:
52 wrote:
And he still decided to stay as president???

YUKYUK. I told him I'd dig a little deeper in the old pocket and see if I couldn't come up with some extra funds this year. I now have the third friend in my life. :wink:

Let's discuss your friends:

Your wife: who has your money.
Your prez: who wants your money.
Your dog: who couldn't care less about your money.

Looks like that old dog is your best choice! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:07 pm 
UserName Retired

You know me way too well BC. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:18 pm 
UserName Retired

:lol: