It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So Happy To See This Site!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:02 pm 
Team Captain

:D I am so pleased to see that we Bear fans have another site up to keep us informed among one another. Since I'm not able to attend the games as I'd like, I can always get some idea from those who post their experiences as to how we're doing. It's a different perspective sometimes not recieved from reading a newspaper article (I log on to the Cabin.net and UCA Sports sites everyday always looking for new news!) I am patiently waiting for the days to count down for the games to begin. Thanks for the site! GO BEARS GO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:30 pm 
UserName Retired

Those of us who can make it to most of the games will do our best to keep you up to date! And by the way, there's just 69 more days!

We'll keep an eye on the QBs for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:25 pm 
Redshirt

welcome to ucafans.com ma'am. enjoy and join in the fun.

Post subject: Thanks for the warm welcome!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:50 am 
Team Captain

:D Thanks for making me feel welcome!!! This is great! I appreciate the watchful eyes. Son had to sit out this semester since he only has one semester left of eligibility, but he can't wait to get back into the huddle. Only 68 days left!!! GO BEARS GO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:37 pm 
Redshirt

Ahh..... It's so nice to have Fans out there that are not totally paranoid about who is joining their site and keeping out everybody that's not connected to their team, even if they know that person is a fairly benealient Monster, who rarely goes out looking for trouble. Those Silly apes won't even let this poor old monster Lurk there. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:16 pm 
UserName Retired

Post away monster! It is more friendly here, for sure. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:00 pm 
Two-Time All-American

well I'm glad we just finally have something, that we can communicate on to other's opinions on certain things!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:34 pm 
Practice Squad

Well, at least you guys have the purple part right :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:40 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

welcome Lion! I can't wait until football season when the D2 talks begin over here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:07 am 
Two-Time All-American

I think its going to be a very good season this year. I know the bears are going to be out to prove something. The only thing that I wonder about is the QB.

Post subject: Response to UpandIn913 on QB
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:32 pm 
Team Captain

According to an article on May 29th in TheCabin.net, Chris Reil will start at #1 this fall. Redshirt freshman, Nathan Brown is #2 ahead of sophomore Lance Parker in the spring. I guess we won't know the final decision until fall. I have to say I'd love to see my son start in his last season since he hasn't had a starting position since he was a redshirt freshman at Henderson State. He's been waiting a long time. Inevitably the position will got to the best man for the team so I'm sure there's going to be a lot of competition. GO BEARS GO!!!

Post subject: Re: Response to UpandIn913 on QB
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:41 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

ucaqb15mom wrote:
According to an article on May 29th in TheCabin.net, Chris Reil will start at #1 this fall. Redshirt freshman, Nathan Brown is #2 ahead of sophomore Lance Parker in the spring. I guess we won't know the final decision until fall. I have to say I'd love to see my son start in his last season since he hasn't had a starting position since he was a redshirt freshman at Henderson State. He's been waiting a long time. Inevitably the position will got to the best man for the team so I'm sure there's going to be a lot of competition. GO BEARS GO!!!

Wasn't your son the starter the final 2 or 3 games of 2003? Or am I mistaken? If so, I apologize ahead of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:42 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

RFpipe wrote:
Well, at least you guys have the purple part right :D

How is UNA looking tobe this fall? Loaded as normal?

Post subject: Response to Bear Fan 101
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:10 am 
Team Captain

Yeah, he started in the last three games of the season. Henry Young actually started that season in the #1 position due to Zak Clark's injury. Chris hasn't started a season since Henderson, though. He transferred to Northwestern and had to sit out that year, then transferred to UCA and had to sit out a year there, then was backup to Henry, then backup to Zak. He graduated in December and will continue to work towards his masters degree in the fall when the season starts again. He loves the game (always has) and will be working hard to prove himself and his ability in the upcoming season. He's been taking a speed course this summer to stay in condition so he's going to be ready physically. We're all looking forward to the fall. I believe we will have a great season (at the risk of sounding a little biased) and a winning team. GO BEARS GO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:06 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

this board is all about being biased to our Bears! Great to hear about his work ethic and drive. He is an example just by doing those things and giving all he has to our program. That only speaks volumes about him and about his upbringing as well.

Hopefully you can keep us up to date on how things are coming as well throughout the practices. It's good to have those inside sources, lol :wink: