It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bear Bus
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm 
Team Captain

I saw the new logo on the big purple bus today on the interstate and it really looks good.

Post subject: Re: Bear Bus
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:39 am 
UserName Retired

What, no pictures?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:14 pm 
Team Captain

I was busy, but it's very nice. One of the nicer ones that I've seen on I-40. Now we just need a nice equipment truck and trailer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:34 pm 
Two-Time All-American

How much needed for the truck and trailer?

Will be watching I40 for the Big Bear Bus...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:02 pm 
Team Captain

Trailers are less than cars usually, get a graphic place to help donate the painting of the trailer, and get a local business or local drivers to donate their truck and time and rotate the drivers. That's usually what the bigger universities do. Plus, we have big donors moving in like HP and Southwestern Energy. I'm just saying.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:14 am 
Two-Time All-American

Full Grown Bear wrote:
Trailers are less than cars usually, get a graphic place to help donate the painting of the trailer, and get a local business or local drivers to donate their truck and time and rotate the drivers.

I think it's probably a bit of a stretch, in a down economy and with our limited corporate base to expect to get all of that donated. And it's an unnecessary expense that I would say shouldn't be anywhere near the top of our priority list. If you could somehow get it all donated or do it for next to nothing, then get after it. But it's not something I would consider putting much money into at all.

Full Grown Bear wrote:
We have big donors moving in like HP and Southwestern Energy. I'm just saying.

We'll see just how big a donor HP is. As far as I know, they haven't done anything yet and from what I've heard they don't really have any plans to. Just because they are located here doesn't mean they give half a damn and care about getting involved at all ... for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:40 am 
Team Captain

You're probably right, I just know how other schools albeit bigger fanbases do it, I'm just giving the ideas and maybe someone can shake a bush or 2. ASU had their trailer donated by a local business can't remember the name(conveyor company) but they have a school for truck drivers at Marked Tree, and a few years back used that truck. The Bear Bus looks good though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:33 am 
UserName Retired

Quote:
we have big donors moving in like HP and Southwestern Energy

Yeah, but do we have anyone hounding and pounding them for some help?

On the truck/trailer thing, I'm pretty sure that Helton's Wrecker has donated some of their trucks and trailers in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:36 pm 
Team Captain

Would that be the Purple Circle folks or someone in marketing?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:17 pm 
Team Captain

I thnk that BT is nurturing some meaningful relationships at both places. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:49 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I saw a comment on the Log Cabin website the other day on a story about Axciom paying for the fireworks show at Beaverfork, where the person was griping about Axciom doing that and saying "I wonder who will get fired or laid off to pay for that."

You know, Axciom could've given zero dollars and not had to worry about negative feedback. But they were the sole entity to step up and pony up the money and make a nice event happen for the community - yet they catch hell over it.

I say that to illustrate that sometimes not enough is made of corporate sponsorships and that maybe they aren't always appreciated properly. HP - a company with reported net revenue of $115 BILLION last year (that's making a million dollars 115,000 times. Unfathomable.) could do a sponsorship of 1 percent of 1 percent of 1 percent of their revenue and it'd still be six figures. That's the equivalent of me giving less than a nickel. You could give 20 people a nickel and never notice it missing. It's not any financial hardship - it's just desire, or lack thereof.

It makes you further appreciate the corporate sponsors we do have and all that they do. None of them are raking in $115 billion, but that doesn't stop them from stepping up.

If I were shopping for a car, I'd go to Crain. If I had money, I'd put it in a First Security bank. And I'd also go see them about a loan if I were going to try to do business with Crain. If, god forbid, I need my car towed - my first call is to the Heltons. I even do my fair share to support Harbor Distributing brands. I would encourage everybody else to do the same.

We see the signs or commercials or whatever and just take it for granted, but seeing what some companies/people don't do puts the generosity of those who do into perspective.

So thanks, sponsors. Everybody go out and support them. Get a big fat loan, go buy two cars and a whole bunch of beer (but don't use them together ... or do, and have Helton tow you home).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:42 pm 
Team Captain

Good post Manilow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 pm 
Practice Squad

The UCA Admin and IT dept won't even consider HP for any equipment even though HP has hired many UCA graduates since arriving. It will be difficult to get any donations from that organization until UCA changes its position.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Any idea why?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:06 pm 
Practice Squad

UCA has tried to work with HP but they have to go out for bid and HP has never submitted a low bid. The folks in Wingo are very frustrated because they had hoped for a real equipment partnesship with HP.