It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just what this university needs...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:33 am 
UserName Retired

UCA stonewalls

Quote:
The University of Central Arkansas is essentially stonewalling efforts to get information about football coach Clint Conque's "inappropriate relationship(s)."

It has released some telephone records to the Log Cabin Democrat, but refuses to release e-mail and computer files from Conque's state-financed computer. Tom Courtway is hiding overmuch behind the messy precedent set by the state Supreme Court in protecting some of the personal e-mail from former Pulaski County comptroller Ron Quillin after it was sought in the aftermath of his implication in theft of public money.

#-o

Post subject: Re: Just what this university needs...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:01 pm 
Two-Time All-American

NEVER EVER EVER use your work phone, PC, etc for personal matters if you ever want to protect privacy....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:37 am 
All-American

This is stupid its his private life leave him alone. I applaud UCA stonewalling this. It's not any damn reporters or any of yours or my business, hell he shouldn't have even had a press conference on this. This is between him and his family.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:47 pm 
Redshirt

Is there a darker story here? It seems unlikely that the Little Rock and Conway papers would be digging into the private indescresions of a coach, even if they were abetted in a tiny way by the use of a state univeristy paid for cell phone or e-mail account. If that is all this is about, in my opinion that is a depolorable decision on the part of the journalists.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:09 pm 
Two-Time All-American

"depolorable decision on the part of the journalists."

What's new...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:03 pm 
Practice Squad

Our family stands behind UCA and Coach Conque and wish them much peace. As new members of the Bear family I am shocked at the newspapers and some of the horrible things I have seen and heard. No stones should ever be cast because no one is without fault in some way or another. It is a matter for him and his family alone. UCA is our new home for our son and we look to the good in everything and this board has been a class act about this issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 am 
UserName Retired

Good post MC. It's a non issue in my book. It's been a slow summer for dirt digging for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. This story is an old story as indicated in another forum somewhere.

It's time to buckle up the chinstraps and get ready for two-a-days.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:35 am 
Team Captain

HB, it is indeed a sad commentary on where journalism has gone too. Coach Conque works as hard as any person at UCA and the University has stated several times that there was not any abuse of University resources (no, Martha, a few e-mails or phones calls out of 1000s is not abuse)and NO STUDENTS or other employees of the University were involved. Now do they keep digging in hopes of ruining other families for the sake of a few more smutty articles? All they have done this year is write petty articles about UCA. How many darn sidewalk articles did the ADG write 10 or 12? Now there's BIG NEWS, people being killed, economy going to hell in a handbasket and we get front page negative articles on why it is so bad to replace old dangerous sidewalks with concrete stamped to look like brick on the UCA's campus. Please, someone should do something about this slander of our University.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:09 am 
2nd Team

I'm not so sure which side all this journalism falls on.

I suspect Coach Conque has provided a target for many to take a shot at UCA, in the name of journalism.

The only thing I can relate it to is the Mike Price at Alabama situation in Sports Illustrated....and, how many of us teased Bammer fans with "Roll Tide...It's rolling baby!" for months on end. :lol:

If sports are that important to us, what a coach does in his "private life" is important as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:00 pm 
Practice Squad

"If sports are that important to us, what a coach does in his "private life" is important as well."

Some people's cars are important to them, so the Car dealer's "private life" is important as well?? You can see where this line of reasoning is going. Do we really have the right to know what EVERYONES "private life" is? Because just about everyone is important to someone!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:02 pm 
All-Conference

My son is a freshman football player at UCA. His mother and I just want to let anyone who reads this board know that we,as a players parents,are behind Coach Conque 100%.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:38 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
Idabearspappy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:01 am 
All-Conference

Shouldn't there be privacy involved with someone's private life?

I know CCC and his family. Great people. Whatever they are dealing with, that is for them to deal with. We do not have a right to know about it.

End of story. Where will everyone be tailgating for the first game?

Go Bears!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:01 am 
Practice Squad

The Chrisman Clan has spot #23. We are so excited. What all do people bring for tailgating? We were planning on a table, chairs, tent, food, drinks, spirit, and lots of cheering. =D>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 am 
UserName Retired

MChrisman wrote:
The Chrisman Clan has spot #23. We are so excited. What all do people bring for tailgating? We were planning on a table, chairs, tent, food, drinks, spirit, and lots of cheering. =D>

I know of several groups that bring TVs to watch other games throughout the day.

I can't wait for the 1st UCAfans.com tailgate of the season!