It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newton presents UCA financial figures at Trustees meeting
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:18 pm 
UserName Retired

Newton presents UCA financial figures at Trustees meeting

Quote:
According to University of Central Arkansas officials and a financial report delivered to the college’s Board of Trustees on Friday, the university’s financial turnaround is “just short of a miracle.” President Allen Meadors and Diane Newton, vice president for finance and administration, presented comparison data for the university’s current financial standings entering into the 2010 fall semester, versus years past.

Meadors told the Board that 2007 net cash data showed the university to be $3.1 million in the negative. Fiscal data ending June 30, 2010 showed a positive swing of $26.4 million.

Post subject: Re: Newton presents UCA financial figures at Trustees meetin
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:41 am 
Redshirt

I don't know about a miracle but it certainly is sound financial management. We got a e-mail letter yesterday announcing that the President has moved some savings to make $300,000. available for faculty and professional travel. Over the six years prior to his arrival they have cut this budget ever year. The campus is starting to look really attractive. I bet in 2011, we start to see some good enrollment growth.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:51 am 
Practice Squad

The campus is looking good, I really like the sidewalks, I hope they are going to do the rest of them. I had some relatives up last week and they said the new sidewalks really brings the campus together. I think their daughter was really impress and they had visited the school in Fayetteville the day before.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:47 am 
Team Captain

I agree things are looking better around campus and the administration is holding the athletic department accountable but is very supportive. The updating of Farris and the soon to be artifical turf on the baseball field are just two major improvements going on in Athletics.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:31 pm 
Team Captain

B2, tell her she'll love Bear Country!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:55 pm 
Team Captain

I have been around a long time, Diane is the real deal. She understands finance but she is a good teacher. She can take fairly complicated accounting and break it down so people not versed in fund accounting can understand it. Our President is never going to break dance or be flashy but he is a solid, others first, true public servant. Things are turning, we need some help from the media but I am concerned they will not leave us alone. I am proud to have a steady, no frills, financially conservative, leader at the helm of our UCA ship. The campus looks great, we have restored liquidity to the balance sheet, the administration seems open and willing to listen - let's educate some young people, have some fun, and enjoy living in a great state and community like Conway!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:42 pm 
UserName Retired

Purple75 wrote:
B2, tell her she'll love Bear Country!

Well thank you..... 8) :lol: