It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A-State Faculty Discontent
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 pm 
Two-Time All-American

http://www.asuherald.com/news/faculty-sends-letter-about-pay-1.2531089

"Louella Moore, professor of accounting and chair of the committee this year, presented the report's findings at a Faculty Senate meeting last month where she called the situation "crisis-level." The report found that on average salaries at ASU-J continue to fall behind those of peer institutions such as University of Central Arkansas and University of Arkansas-Little Rock."

Unhappy campers in J-Boro. It goes on to say 250 of 700 faculty responded to the survey and 65% were "not satsified" with pay. First, only 30% responded to the survey. That means something. My employer gets close to 90% employee response on these type surveys. Second, I'm shocked 35% of respsondents were "satisfied". My guess is that for most larger businesses no where near 35% would say they are "satisfied with pay", no matter what they make.....does that mean we are just mean old greedy capitalists (who, of course, pay the taxes that support faculty pay) or many university faculty are not too concerned about money?

However, I would guess you would get similar results at most every public unversity in Arkansas and elsewhere. Need more gambling on lottery to pump those scholarships up so schools can raise tuition so they can spend more.

Hint to ADG: This is about A-State not spending money on faculty pay, NOT about UCA paying too much.