Honey Bear wrote:
Being personable.

&
Integrity

Post subject: Re: Important criteria for the president of UCA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:42 pm 
All-Conference

The only qualification at this point has to be this:

Won't launder money or accept bribes for personal benefit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 am 
UserName Retired

Don't accept any controversial deadline applications like we did with the application of Meadors this last go-round. If there is any controversy whatsoever, throw it in the can and move on.

Also, let's interview the wife this time, if there is one. Our taxpayer's money will be being spent on her also. Let's see if she fits the mold of a "first lady" of UCA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:25 am 
Team Captain

Someone from out of state with no AR or UCA connection can be refreshing. But it makes it harder to know what you are getting in terms of management style, character, etc. Our former, former President had a 30 year unblemished record as a public servant in AR. Our last President had not even a hint of problems of this nature in his past. Finding the right person is so tough and it is difficult to please everyone. We won't find anyone as personable as Tom Courtway, as honest as Tom Courtway, as respected statewide as TC, as hard working as TC, as much in love with Conway as TC, as good with state law and the financial numbers as TC. He and his wife just want to live in Conway and have a comfortable life and love their family, no visions of grandeur or agendas. Come to work each day, do your job, conduct yourself in a manner that your family can be proud of, get up and go do it again tomorrow. My/our kind of guy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:02 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Hire someone that's using UCA as a stepping-stone for bigger and better things. NOT someone looking for a final destination. They'll be more apt to try to prove they have what it takes, while at the same time keeping their nose clean so as to not ruin their future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:47 pm 
Starter

If we're throwing out in-house names, how about Ronnie Williams? I really doubt you'll find anyone to say anything bad about him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:12 pm 
All-Conference

Has the board established a set of criteria? Also,I'm not sure the benefits of an out of state guy outweigh the benefits of a well connected,knowledgeable in state guy. Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 pm 
UserName Retired

I would vote for Tom.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:42 am 
UserName Retired

Courtway made the statement yesterday that he does not want the job.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:19 pm 
UserName Retired

Not a surprise. Tom has made it pretty clear over the past few years he is not a candidate. He would do a good job.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm 
Team Captain

Beaumadine Louise Pusser wrote:
If we're throwing out in-house names, how about Ronnie Williams? I really doubt you'll find anyone to say anything bad about him.
Bingo-Bango. Great man, and is always very personable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:56 am 
Redshirt

Purple Pride wrote:
Hire someone that's using UCA as a stepping-stone for bigger and better things. NOT someone looking for a final destination. They'll be more apt to try to prove they have what it takes, while at the same time keeping their nose clean so as to not ruin their future.

I would not suggest that my alma mater is going through that right now (Henderson State University)... We almost made the mistake of hiring a HS Superintendent. They are looking at totally revamping the committee and the way the process goes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:45 pm 
Two-Time All-American

old bear wrote:
Someone from out of state with no AR or UCA connection can be refreshing. But it makes it harder to know what you are getting in terms of management style, character, etc. Our former, former President had a 30 year unblemished record as a public servant in AR. Our last President had not even a hint of problems of this nature in his past. Finding the right person is so tough and it is difficult to please everyone. We won't find anyone as personable as Tom Courtway, as honest as Tom Courtway, as respected statewide as TC, as hard working as TC, as much in love with Conway as TC, as good with state law and the financial numbers as TC. He and his wife just want to live in Conway and have a comfortable life and love their family, no visions of grandeur or agendas. Come to work each day, do your job, conduct yourself in a manner that your family can be proud of, get up and go do it again tomorrow. My/our kind of guy.

In alpha order:

Tom Courtway
Fitz Hill
Brad Teague

All educated men of the highest integrity with the energy and communication skills to make UCA all it can be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:14 pm 
Two-Time All-American

UCABEARS75 wrote:
old bear wrote:

In alpha order:

Tom Courtway
Fitz Hill
Brad Teague

All educated men of the highest integrity with the energy and communication skills to make UCA all it can be.

Amen my BEAR brother... I'd take any of those three