It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Blackeye Editions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:29 pm 
All-American

Concerning all the traveling to Mexico through Cancun, and other traveling in general, during these tough economic times, am I the only one wondering why? :?:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:37 pm 
UserName Retired

Nope. The "at least two trips" to China by the same two come to my mind. Was that really necessary? One, could be necessary and acceptable. Two, just tells me they didn't get things right the first time.

Ain't it nice travelling on other people's money?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:59 pm 
Redshirt

The UCA has over 30 University partners in China plus the only Confucius Institue in Arkansas. The Provost, President, Board member, faculty and students have made trips to China or other partner locations at different times, this is what all Universities do. UCA has over 400 Chinese students on campus, many from partner Universities in China. Each year, numerous presidents and other administrators from China universities visit UCA. This is what is done at Universities that have University parnters in other countries. Actually most schools will make more visits than UCA officials make. This is another story that attempts to suggest that UCA does something different than other Universities, just like the contract with vendors, then the presidents and chancellors at all the other universities stand up and say we all do the same thing only more than UCA.

I wish for once a reporter would ask and share what other Universities do before they write these crazy articles.

"Nope. The "at least two trips" to China by the same two come to my mind. Was that really necessary? One, could be necessary and acceptable. Two, just tells me they didn't get things right the first time."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:37 pm 
Redshirt

My, my I remember back in the Thompson years, a board member and one of the VP's went to Europe to visit a campus. One of our Deans have been to Asia 3-4 times in the last few years. As mentioned, this is an important element of what universities need to be participating in. Bringing the world closer to our students. Last year, nearly 200 of our students participated in UCA's Study Abroad program. It should be ten times that many but for that to happen, we need partnerships with other universities inaddition to trips with faculty sponsors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 am 
UserName Retired

I'm honestly not trying to just bring up old stuff, but we're not the only university/state dealing with this.

USF, other schools not shy about accepting vendors' donations

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:32 pm 
Practice Squad

There was never anything to this issue, the media just made a mountain out of it as is so common with the adg. The chair just fail to mention the rollover part because it would have to be fully discussed at a latter date. No decision would be made until the full board discussed all the options. By not taking the money, the food vendor just keeps it as more profit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:47 pm 
Redshirt

Scott (from info the vp gave him) was just passing along the offer from aramark, it would have been better if board members would have seen the offer letter but instead they were verbally updated by Scott. They would have seen the letter when they discussed the options at the appropriate board meeting. This was no big deal and is common everywhere if you are to believe the articles from other states and other schools in Arkansas.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:51 pm 
Two-Time All-American

treyuca wrote:
I'm honestly not trying to just bring up old stuff, but we're not the only university/state dealing with this.

USF, other schools not shy about accepting vendors' donations

Did you send this to DHS?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:47 pm 
Redshirt

Be a waste of Trey's time, she would think he was being a crook just by passing along such a criminally supportive article.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 pm 
Redshirt

Unclerby, ucatownfolk and Bear Brothers 2 -- If you were at the Aug. 26 board meeting as I believe at least one of you was -- or if you had actually read -- and comprehended -- the news articles, you would know the major issue is NOT the $700,000 offer in exchange for a contract renewal. Rather, it is that neither Meadors nor Roussel told other trustees of the contract condition. Rather, in the Aug. 26 announcement by Roussel and in an Aug. 24 email by Meadors, neither man mentioned that condition. Rather, they described the money as a donation, and Roussel publicly called it a "godsend." Only after the ADG learned of the condition, did they acknowledge they had known about the condition. Meadors said it was an oversight. Roussel said it was an honest mistake.

You can gripe about me all you want. But if you are so very knowledgeable about the matter, I suggest you call the Arkansas State Police and the prosecuting attorney's office and tell them they're wasting their time because of all the facts you personally know. Perhaps you could help their investigation. I believe both numbers are listed in Arkansas directory assistance.

Debra Hale-Shelton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm 
Redshirt

I believe that is what I said?

"Rather, it is that neither Meadors nor Roussel told other trustees of the contract condition."

"Scott (from info the vp gave him) was just passing along the offer from aramark, it would have been better if board members would have seen the offer letter but instead they were verbally updated by Scott. They would have seen the letter when they discussed the options at the appropriate board meeting. This was no big deal and is common everywhere if you are to believe the articles from other states and other schools in Arkansas."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:45 pm 
Two-Time All-American

ucatownfolk wrote:
I believe that is what I said?

"Rather, it is that neither Meadors nor Roussel told other trustees of the contract condition."

"Scott (from info the vp gave him) was just passing along the offer from aramark, it would have been better if board members would have seen the offer letter but instead they were verbally updated by Scott. They would have seen the letter when they discussed the options at the appropriate board meeting. This was no big deal and is common everywhere if you are to believe the articles from other states and other schools in Arkansas."

It is common practice for sure...all over the nation. It is just that certain people
don't like UCA and they will do anything within their power to cast a negative
light on the university. All we can do is pray for those people and hope they can
find some joy in their lives. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:07 pm 
Redshirt

FOOT84-Amen brother, The chair, president and vice president would have gotten nothing in this arrangement and UCA would have gotten $700,000. Of course, the the board should have been sent the letter but it was the first of school, the administration was focus on getting classes up and going and the chair has his own business to run. Absolutely silly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:08 pm 
Team Captain

Quote:
You can gripe about me all you want. But if you are so very knowledgeable about the matter, I suggest you call the Arkansas State Police and the prosecuting attorney's office and tell them they're wasting their time because of all the facts you personally know. Perhaps you could help their investigation. I believe both numbers are listed in Arkansas directory assistance.

Now that we have the ADG's attention, I cancelled my subscription (the one I bought from a UCA alumni) and they have been calling me non-stop for weeks. I've asked them politely to stop, yet the calls keep coming. I signed up for the attorney generals do not call list and yet they still keep calling. If I call the Arkansas State police and report the harassment would it stop then? Any advice would be greatly appreciated Debra!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:12 pm 
Redshirt

I don't handle subscriptions -- take them or stop them. If I were you, I would call circulation at 1-800-482-1121 to complain. Good luck. debra

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next