It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HPER expansion & Campus Master plan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:59 am 
Team Captain

"The University of Central Arkansas Board of Trustees passed a resolution on Friday that would allow the issuance of $15.5 million in auxiliary bonds to finance an expansion project for the Health Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) Center.
The project will add a swimming pool, additional exercise rooms, weight room space and lockers, racquetball courts, and student meeting space. The expansion is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2014."

I remember talk of an expansion to the HPER from my days at UCA. Nice to see it finally get approved. I think it was needed just for recruitment of non-athlete students, to date if a high school senior walked in Hendrix weight facility then ours they would much prefer Hendrix ( luckily their tuition costs are much higher). Now where can I see a copy of this 20 year master plan?

"Also Friday, the board approved a campus master plan as a guide for future property acquisitions, buildings, open space, parking and transit. The plan calls for science, historic/academic, business and arts and student housing districts and creates a framework for the next 20 years and beyond."

Post subject: Re: HPER expansion & Campus Master plan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:17 am 
Team Captain

call me at work - 907-2018 - give me your address and i will have a copy sent to you