It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jack Gillean
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:08 pm 
Practice Squad

Only update, adg has totally walked away from it.

Log Cabin Democrat
Scarlet Sims06/22/12 - 12:03 pm

I requested documents under the Freedom of Information Act this week, unfortunately those requests yielded little about why Mr. Gillean resigned suddenly. There were no text documents, only the emails previously reported, and his resignation documents revealed only that he earned $143,737 at the time of his departure. That's a bit less than the approximately $144,000 he earned in 2008, but the entire administration staff took a pay cut around that time, according to UCA spokesman Jeff Pitchford.

UCA does not plan to release any kind of news release on why Gillean resigned.
He also does not answer his cell phone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:26 pm 
UserName Retired

FeartheStripes wrote:
both newspapers have totally backed off.

LCD - not surprised one bit. They are always a day late and a dollar short with their reporting. Not one word about the Hogs game last night. No doubt the game ended late but when your paper is printed in Russellville and hauled back to Conway I guess the eight o'clock, or whatever, deadline is a real pisser for those of us who pay pretty good money for this rag.

ADG - the only thing I can gather for their lack of investigative reporting is for their lack of an investigative reporter. IMO, DH-S is an FOI reporter. Anyone on this board can FOI, we just choose not to do so for whatever reasons. I would guess it is because we are not getting paid to do it as DH-S is.

Still some ghosts in the closet concerning what has gone down since the Hardin days but as they say "time heals all wounds". Only problem with healing wounds is that sometimes they leave scars which become unattractive that you have to live with the rest of your life.

Just hoping that the scars of scandals at UCA don't become so unattractive that alumni and donors are too embarrassed to want to be associated with a less than desirable sight.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:11 pm 
UserName Retired

HB...from what I've seen of transfer student numbers coming in...I don't think the kids care about what happened years ago. They probably want to find out who's stinking up Burdick.... :lol:

Can we get someone to check those gas pipes next to the football stadium? They ALWAYS smell like there is a BIG leak. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:25 pm 
Team Captain

BC, I agree, college bound students care about the appearance of the campus; the social life; athletics; and yes, academics. So many great improvements have been made in the last three years, in all areas (look at the improvements in our athletic facilities, wow). The University is much stronger financially; buildings have been updated (well the jury is out on Burdick);a new business building and a new residence hall; and the faculty has been strengthen. We may have a few administrative issues but students don't care about them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 pm 
UserName Retired

The negative press basically works to provide a convenient excuse to those who will never.

The people I talk to are universally impressed with the education provided, the value and atmosphere for the students.

The 2011 Master Plan demonstrates some very good work in settng priorities.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:12 pm 
UserName Retired

As much as I enjoy the nature reserve on the corner of our campus, we have a HUGE nature trail just down the road at Toadsuck L&D. I know we are bound by the donation of the family and the reserve is a great thing for the students, but we have outgrown our area we are in! I'm glad the future plans include using some of the land FOR students, such as the greeks...who are coincidently the biggest donors in colleges these days.
Also those massive apartment complexes just across the street from the track and the ones by the golf courses leave NO student with ANY reason to NOT come to UCA!
I was really impressed by the housing at Tennessee Tech. For those of you who saw them, they were massive and well taken care of it appeared.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:29 pm 
Practice Squad

I believe we have been told.

Scarlet Sims/LCD

Officials tell me they do not plan to release any additional information on why Gillean departed, not even to stop the rumor mill.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 pm 
UserName Retired

Bearsbrothers2 wrote:
I believe we have been told.

Scarlet Sims/LCD

Officials tell me they do not plan to release any additional information on why Gillean departed, not even to stop the [b]rumor mill
.[/b]

rumor mill? really? For those of you who are a part of the rumor mill...get back to work. :roll: