It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jack Gillean
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm 
Redshirt

Was Jack Gillean terminated by UCA today? Word at the Library was that a memo went out that he was no longer with the University?

Post subject: Re: Jack Gillean
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:06 pm 
UserName Retired

UCA chief of staff resigns abruptly

Quote:
The University of Central Arkansas' long-time chief of staff resigned abruptly Friday.

Spokesman Jeff Pitchford said Jack Gillean sent an email to Tom Courtway, the UCA president, today and said he is resigning effective at the end of today. Gillean has been employed at UCA since 1996.

More drama, or more house cleaning? I'm sure that DHS will be along shortly to let us know. [-o<

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:46 am 
UserName Retired

joshuca wrote:
I'm sure that DHS will be along shortly to let us know.

Nope. Nothing in her article this morning about whys or whatfors. That only makes a couple of folks from the "decade of doom" left on the payroll, imo. I'm pretty sure they won't be stepping down.

On another subject, anyone know if Matt Jordan has been replaced yet? We definitely need another Lisa Cooley type in that position.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:20 pm 
Redshirt

Funny how they've already taken down the page from the president's site that had information on him. That must be record pace.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:53 am 
Practice Squad

"More drama, or more house cleaning? I'm sure that DHS will be along shortly to let us know"

I wouldn't be to sure, dhs walks very softly when talking lawyers, until dr. stanton broke the information on lu, she only praised him. Both Gillean and Tom are lawyers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:34 am 
Redshirt

Brothers, you may be right, this story goes way back and it seems the Log Cabin is way out in front of the adg in trying to put all the pieces together. Selective journalism?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:47 am 
UserName Retired

Who is the real university?

Interesting blog post...

Found it in the comment section of this LCD article.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:49 pm 
UserName Retired

While I have no idea what is going on, I know that conspiracy theories are always more fun to speculate about than the mundane Occam's razor....

Just a note re COLAs.....I guess I am pretty stupid as I am a professional and have never worked for a firm with COLAs....government and regulated utilities (pretty close to government) are the only employers I have been around who get COLAs....I can, however, list quite a few people who got 30-40% pay decreases the past few years as business has been pretty lousy....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 am 
Redshirt

Usually when people are this tight lipped, there is a surrounding of the wagons to insure everyone tells the same story or there is a major investigation going on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:28 am 
UserName Retired

What business is it of the faculty "why" he resigned? If he was of the old gaurd, then his resignation was what they probably wanted anyway. Well that cleans out that closet, move on now. :roll: Oh, and by the way, once you clean out the "old gaurd", that action moves YOU up to the postion of "old gaurd". Be careful "old gaurd" because those who came in after you now see you as the "old gaurd". [-X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:41 am 
Redshirt

The rumors are getting a bit out of hand on campus. Need a statement that NO student was involved, assuming that none were.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:35 am 
UserName Retired

BearFacts wrote:
The rumors are getting a bit out of hand on campus. Need a statement that NO student was involved, assuming that none were.

Rumors huh? Those spreading rumors need to be fired IMO. Very unprofessional too. No statement is NEEDED...except one that will fill white space in that outdated rag called the ADG.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:24 pm 
Redshirt

They just love putting us in the news.

UCA's on-campus double slaying in 2008 was noted as part of its No. 5 ranking The Criminal Incidents (2008-2010) were two murders, one robbery, six aggravated assaults, 107 burglaries and 12 car thefts on a campus of more than 11,000.

Lots of burglaries, must be why they have double the cameras on campus in the last three years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:19 pm 
UserName Retired

BearFact5 wrote:
They just love putting us in the news.

UCA's on-campus double slaying in 2008 was noted as part of its No. 5 ranking The Criminal Incidents (2008-2010) were two murders, one robbery, six aggravated assaults, 107 burglaries and 12 car thefts on a campus of more than 11,000.

Lots of burglaries, must be why they have double the cameras on campus in the last three years.

Of course that double murder was done by non-students. The campus police reacted in fantastic time to that incident. Makes me proud to be an alum knowing one day my child will be attending UCA and his worst fear is having something small stolen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:32 pm 
Redshirt

This must be big time, both newspapers have totally backed off.