It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McCollum's Column 7/10/05
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:58 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Pretty good little insight on what to expect and exactly who will be visiting the campus in 10 days.

The only humorous part I found was the last paragraph...
"To the SLC, central Arkansas represents a major media market, potentially larger than what exists for most of its schools. Particularly when you take into account four aggressive and highly competitive televisions stations based in Little Rock plus the growing radio talk-show market, it's potential statewide exposure for the SLC."

When he says 4 aggressive tv stations, I can only think of 3, KATV, KTHV, and Fox 16....because I know KARK can't be counted with that same group any more sports wise. :lol: Are they even going to be doing sports from LR anymore? Or are they moving their sports up to NWA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:19 pm 
Two-Time All-American

He's talking about Channel 6 on the campus of UCA lol :lol:

Post subject: Re: McCollum's Column 7/10/05
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:30 pm 
All-American

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
Pretty good little insight on what to expect and exactly who will be visiting the campus in 10 days.

The only humorous part I found was the last paragraph...
"To the SLC, central Arkansas represents a major media market, potentially larger than what exists for most of its schools. Particularly when you take into account four aggressive and highly competitive televisions stations based in Little Rock plus the growing radio talk-show market, it's potential statewide exposure for the SLC."

When he says 4 aggressive tv stations, I can only think of 3, KATV, KTHV, and Fox 16....because I know KARK can't be counted with that same group any more sports wise. :lol: Are they even going to be doing sports from LR anymore? Or are they moving their sports up to NWA?

KARK Channel 4 is NOT a player in the Little Rock market anymore.
I keep hearing they are in the process of originating everything from pig city some time before football fires up.

As far as radio talk shows are concerned, does anyone REALLY think that Drive Time Sports and Sports Rap are going to devote any time at all to the UCA program. If you do, think again.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:36 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I can see Drive By devoting some time, over Chuck's show. But very little for both, unless someone forces the issue on Drive By.

As far as the other 'growing radio talk-show market' comment is concerned, I did not realize LR had any other radio sports talk shows to which would devote any time to UCA sports to begin with. They have an ESPN Radio affiliate on 1380, but it's signal is terrible, for starters. Also, I do not think they carry any original programming other than the Travs during the baseball season. That I could be wrong on though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:03 am 
UserName Retired

The new "partnership" with Justin Acri could be part of what he's talking about - as a 'growing radio talk-show market.' I don't know if you, BF101, know this, but Acri has a show on from 10-1 that is pretty much a variety show, but also spends a lot of time on sports. I think that will be where UCA would be discussed the most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:07 am 
All-American

treyuca wrote:
The new "partnership" with Justin Acri could be part of what he's talking about - as a 'growing radio talk-show market.' I don't know if you, BF101, know this, but Acri has a show on from 10-1 that is pretty much a variety show, but also spends a lot of time on sports. I think that will be where UCA would be discussed the most.

You may be right on that Trey, but I'm kinda like you, I just don't see alot of that happening.

With Acri doing the coaches show, that will be a big plus, but I just don't see Rainwater and his bunch doing much more than pig stuff.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:12 am 
Two-Time All-American

Face it. UCA is only news when there's no news anywhere else. That's just the plain and simple facts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:23 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

treyuca wrote:

Yeah I knew he did, and there was a reason why I didn't include it in the list of sports talk-show. I didn't care for it, but most of all it isn't all sports. Although I guess I am glad he is doing the coach's show at least.

If David M thinks they are going to waste a lot of time on UCA, he is losing his credibility, or he will be the one wasting his time calling in every day to push the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:47 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Honestly the only sports shows I have heard in the LR area is Ackri's show, Drive Time, and some show by the name of The Sports Wire. Not quiet sure who does it.