It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:50 pm 
Two-Time All-American

ucabusinessstudent wrote:
If any of you ever razz me about wearing red I will show you just where you can stick your purple bear.

Sounds like you are not a 2nd generation bear fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:16 pm 
UserName Retired

In nobody's defense or attack thereof, it is rather a little queer that when some negative stuff comes out in the media about UCA (which there has been a lot of fuel for fire there), nine times out of ten it seems the media seems to always contact ASU to see what their stand is about the situation we are dealing with. Hardly ever do you see the media say they contacted UofA or UALR to see how they handle their business in reference to what we are being horse whipped about.

I kind of take that as to meaning that UCA and ASU are a threat to the UA "system" and maybe are being picked on somewhat. If anyone believes that the "system" doesn't control the reporting or unreporting of things UA related has not yet woken up to reality, imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:24 pm 
Redshirt

I really don't know of a way to prove that I'm 2nd generation shy of my father getting on here. Don't think that would prove it to you either. I think your over analyzing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 pm 
Two-Time All-American

ucabusinessstudent-

after reading your posts, I have come to the assumption that you are a complete moron. If you want to make threats about taking your happy ass to the UA, I say best of luck to you. We don't need people like you on campus who can't fully support the university when the opportunity is given.

You are right about the marketing 101 stuff, I to was a marketing student at UCA and agree with what you say, but I also did learn in the same classes that you are taking that if the customer doesn't help support the supplier, then that's not a win-win situation.

The best advice I could prob give you is that before you decide to get on here and throw around threats, you better be willing to back them up. If you think that you are that important, you might want to think again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:06 pm 
Redshirt

It is win-win I get a degree and they get my money but you knew that if you took the same classes I did. I didn't threaten to take my happy ass to UofA I threatened to take my donations as an Alumni and you bet your ass I will fulfill that threat.

You sure did put me in my place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:12 pm 
UserName Retired

WOW! How did you all go from talking about a guy on a TV show, to getting a future alum to not want to support his alma mater... :shock: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:
WOW! How did you all go from talking about a guy on a TV show, to getting a future alum to not want to support his alma mater... :shock: :oops:

I know a lot of snoot wannabes that don't support their alma mater. They have to start a support group on facebook to make themselves feel better. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:34 pm 
Redshirt

It went this far because you guys wanna bash the guy over his choice of shirt on a video that was only seen online. I don't feel that someones shirt makes them unsupportive of a school that they pay to go to. UCA isn't some idea that makes you either in or out and it isn't some secret club where your forced to pledge allegiance and sign in blood. Any student can support any school they please and it finally occurs after a whole day of stirring the pot that you guys have made UCA a idol of your own so enjoy your bashing people that if successful will bring the kind of press to uca that only comes from total support of your school. I will go on supporting my fellow students even if they wear razorback red.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:56 am 
Redshirt

I would to like to share some thoughts on how to grow the UCA athletics program.

First we have to realize that the vast majority of new customers ,have grown up as razorback fans. Second, they may arrive wearing razorback clothing that they are quite proud of.
If we want to keep them as customers we have to accept them as they are and as they are dressed.

When we make fun of these new people because of the razorback clothing we leave a bad impression that can last for years. The same is true when we cheer because it is announced that the razorbacks are behind in a game. The same is true when our own students are bashed on this web site because they happen to be wearing a razorback shirt.

I have noticed when the bears have played in Louisiana that there are a lot of LSU shirts and nobody seems to care.

We need to get over this jealousy of the razorbacks and concentrate on the bears.

I have been a purple circle member for the last few years. I have seats on the 50 yard line and park a few steps from the stadium most of the time. To get these same amenities at a razorback game it would cost at least 10 times what I give to UCA.

We have the product that is a bargin and has by far the best price. The only way we can fail is bad service.

I know this from experience. My oldest son was the reciepent of some remarks the first time he attended a UCA football game because he was wearing a razorback shirt. He still mentions this ocasionally. He still attends UCA games but is not a solid a fan as he would have been without this experence.

My youngest son is ucabusinessstudent and yes UCAMonkey he is a second generation UCA fan. If you doubt it that is your problem not mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:07 am 
Two-Time All-American

1. Good luck to Kris...

2. Wear whatever you like...why would someone wear purple to a uaf ballgame other than LSU fans?

3. I am not an Idol follower but my kids are ...I understand some partcipants have very organized marketing efforts to get people to call in to vote for them....

4. Interesting point as to whether paying state income and sales taxes means you "support" something. Literally, I suppose so. To say I "support" whatever The Ledge spends money on is highly questionable.

5. Follow as many teams as you like...Bears are my team but that does not say I never watch TV games when others are playing, especially those who have some personal significance to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:32 am 
UserName Retired

Jeez, this has really turned into a stupid conversation. UCAbiz, just because my tax dollars go to finance various programs whether it be schools, welfare, bailouts, etc. doesn't mean I support it. Pretty immature analogy there. Supporting something means giving, willingly, of your time and money for something you believe in. Undoubtably, you don't believe in the spirit of UCA and that is fine with me. No problem. However, expect some tough love from the UCA faithful when you come on here and attack them about your lack of support for the school that you are getting your degree from. It's human nature to defend something one is passionate about. Many of us on here are very passionate about UCA and I'm not necessarily talking about the sports aspects of it.

As far as the wearing of the hog shirt, I'm figuring he did it to garner more support from the Arkansas faithful on a nationwide basis. Might be people around the country that have an affection for the hogs would vote for Kris that might otherwise not know of UCA. Probably good strategy but it is a little bit of selling your soul to the devil just to get votes to just get fame and fortune. Once again, this is human nature and most of us would probably to the same thing if a pot of gold was at the end of the rainbow.

Lastly, for those that wear other school's jerseys to ball games - a lot of the animosity there depends of where you do it. Wearing a hog shirt to a UCA event is basically just a lack of respect towards UCA, imo. If a person knows he/she is going to get catcalls and dirty looks by wearing such apparrell then he/she is the one with the problem. Does that person not have another shirt that could be worn so they could just blend in with the crowd? Surely they do. If the hogs are playing the Bears that's a different story. Of course we all know that won't probably happen in my lifetime anyway. I just can't understand why that would upset UCA fans? Pretty small minded of us Bear fans to be upset about that don't you think? It's not about jealously of the UA program but rather the lack of respect by the UA program to the other state colleges by not playing any of them in sports. The holier than thou attitude usually doesn't go very far in the making of new friends and UA definitely wears the crown in that department.

FWIW, I hope Kris wins - for him and his family more than anybody else. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:42 am 
Two-Time All-American

ucabusinessstudent wrote:
It went this far because you guys wanna bash the guy over his choice of shirt on a video that was only seen online. I don't feel that someones shirt makes them unsupportive of a school that they pay to go to. UCA isn't some idea that makes you either in or out and it isn't some secret club where your forced to pledge allegiance and sign in blood. Any student can support any school they please and it finally occurs after a whole day of stirring the pot that you guys have made UCA a idol of your own so enjoy your bashing people that if successful will bring the kind of press to uca that only comes from total support of your school. I will go on supporting my fellow students even if they wear razorback red.

I am not saying your wrong with most of your thoughts. But going to one school and while wearing another schools apparel with no personal or community ties makes you a wannabe. I never bashed anybody.

PS if you continue to blast me than I will run and get my daddy too. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:53 am 
All-Conference

and to think all this started because PP has a dirty mouth :lol:

our feelings about this, whether they be animosity, ambivalence, or support, are never gonna change.

sorry i stirred it up :roll:

Go Kris and Go Bears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:09 am 
Redshirt

If your daddy has something to say he is more than welcome to join and discuss this to. If more people supported your views then math more people would stop wearing UofA stuff at school but if you have been on campus anytime lately there hasent been slot about UCA to be proud of. The Shooting, professors thowing stuff at students, secret housing, secret bonuses, drunk police chief, thief football players and then along comes Kris to give a chance to UCA by openly telling that he goes to UCA. Sound like we could use some good news coverage. Oh that was just the highlights in my list of contoversy at UCA lately. I am not trying to bash UCA with the list just using it as an example of why we need someone to make UCA look good.

Sorry bout the look of this, I posted it from a phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:25 am 
UserName Retired

Controversy happens at all schools. UCA is not unique in that category. You list the worst of UCA's unshining moments but for heaven's sake, look at what has gone on up there at the hill since the end of the Nolan Richardson years. Athletes in trouble, the Nutt fiasco, a shooting also involving a student and teacher, all the stories involving Broyles and his iron fist, etc. Don't just single out UCA with their faults if you are going to make comparisons.

And if my father were still alive to post on this board in my defense, he would tell me to fight my own battle that I might have started or to shut the hell up and move on. He would also have told me that if I were in a no win situation then figure out a way to compromise and save face. Might be good advice for us all. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next