It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hilarious College Sports Experiences!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:45 am 
UserName Retired

We've all seen them at games. But we all kept quiet about them. Check out this article, blog about one persons return to her universities basketball game and all the characters she encountered.

http://www.drivl.com/posts/view/610

Here's a preview:

Quote:
2. The Fat Squeegee Boy

This kid easily kept me entertained during those thirty second time outs. You know how there's always four kids (two at each end of the court) that are about 11 or 12 years old who volunteer to sweep and squeegee the court when the players are at the bench? Well, the kid who squeegeed at the end of the court where I was sitting was fat. Like, "I'm eleven years old and I already have a generous amount of back fat" fat.

Now, fat kids are inherently funny. This kid, however, was hilarious. He would waddle out to the key during time outs, ineptly push his squeegee around, and then huff and puff off the court and make a beeline for the players' Gatorade cart, all while sporting a beet-red face and sweating like Michael Richards in Harlem. Great job, kid! You did thirty seconds' worth of "cardio"--gotta replenish those fluids!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:07 am 
UserName Retired

What a BITCH! I bet she is a real joy to be around with all the negatism she sees in life. For the sake of her alma mater, maybe it will be several years before she decides to come again. Reckon she even knows who won the game?
Criticizing an old war vet for singing the national anthem... :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:12 am 
Redshirt

Oh, dear. It must be exhausting to be that cool.

Sometimes, all that glorious, eccentric humanity is the best reason to go to the game.

Sis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:03 am 
All-Conference

i'm with you, honey bear. in response to her perfectly outlined observations:

1. See what Honey Bear said. Every sporting event my grandpa ever took me to, he sang the national anthem, and sometimes saluted (he's a korean war vet). i was proud to be there next to him. and just because you're not proud of our current administration doesn't mean you can't be proud to be an American. That's the spirit of the country; if you don't like the way things are going, you have the right and the duty to do something about it.

2. I was that fat kid. Still am.

3. Vintage gear is in! When we used to rock it Bear Den style, we would go all over central ark. trying to find vintage gear. apparently the guy she's talking about is just that damn cool.

4. Apparently she's never worn just a basketball jersey on her bare chest and played a game. They can rub you raw in certain places (sorry if that's a bit graphic, but it's true).

5. man-pris? come on. you've got a better chance seeing a guy's jock and hairy hind end if he's wearing short shorts. Just go to a track and field meet and watch the hurdlers.

6. I got nothing on this one, except that she's wrong to say that cycling doesn't burn that many calories.

7. Some schools don't have the resources, or sink all of them into football. I remember when the Farris Center still had a rubber court for cryin' out loud, but i still went to the games and enjoyed them.

8. Guess she never had a younger sibling.

Sorry that was so long. REALLY slow day up here in Beantown. Everything's frozen.