It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this one of us UCA fans?...(sarcasm)
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:36 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=135724.0

for the most part, I dont link to hogville or most any other websites, especially when they start a UCA-U of A thread. For some reason, I thought I'd go ahead with this one and see what everyone thought about Douglas' post on this particular thread midway down page 1... He is quite informative, see if you guys can pick all the errors out of the post...
-------------------------------------------

Here's the thing that y'all need to keep in mind.... Lou Harden is a GREAT Chancellor and will do everything he can to keep UCA growing.

There are over 12000 students now attending UCA, and the university is scrambling to build more housing and expand current facilities. Unless I'm mistaken, this is a direct result of Chancellor Harden's influence. From their news archives from September, 2006:

-----------
Quote, (from an actual UCA article...notice the correct spelling)
UCA sets fourth consecutive enrollment record
The University of Central Arkansas has set another record enrollment this fall of 12,400 students, making UCA the second largest college in Arkansas.

Since Lu Hardin assumed the presidency in September 2002, UCA has added nearly 4,000 students, increasing from 8,500 students to 12,400 students. This represents a 46 percent increase in four years.
-----------
Another bonus: Coach Clint Conque has a serious commitment to winning and strong leadership. He's authorative, yet handles things as a father would. Did you know that with the record they had last year (first year in Div 1AA), they would have qualified for a bowl, had it not been for the "initiation" thaty they are in (cannot be in a bowl game in any sport for the first two or three years, I forget which).

Granted, the other sports are struggling, however, it looks like they're going to turn around over the next few years, as the whole school benefits from the additional exposure from moving into the SLC....

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Thu May 10, 2007 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:45 am 
UserName Retired

no, I think it is one of the admins over on purplebears.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:47 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

joshuca wrote:
no, I think it is one...

I know, there was a hint of sarcasm to my thread title... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:07 am 
UserName Retired

](*,) dohh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:10 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

it's alright... :D

Does anyone know which bowl we would have been eligible for?... I need to get ready for 2 years when we are eligible for the bowl game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:25 am 
UserName Retired

Bear (baseball) Fan 101 wrote:
it's alright... :D

Does anyone know which bowl we would have been eligible for?... I need to get ready for 2 years when we are eligible for the bowl game

I bet it was the "MiddleofNowhere SponsoredbyNoone" Bowl... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:49 am 
Two-Time All-American

The "Soup Bowl" in Campbell, Ohio. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:02 am 
Two-Time All-American

Prob the Toilet Bowl sponsored by Mr bubbles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:30 pm 
UserName Retired

How about the Preparation H Bowl. I heard the action at it really keeps you squirming in your seat :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:51 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Honey Bear wrote:
How about the Preparation H Bowl. I heard the action at it really keeps you squirming in your seat :!:

good one :!: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:15 pm 
All-Conference

Well, I may just be naive, but there were some positive comments about UCA, Bear football, Bear athletics & the school as a whole in that thread.

The key to winning is to first win the hearts & minds of the people, ya know.

UCA is the "little university that could" in Arkansas; perhaps only the second challenger to the throne, but maybe with a better chance. People love an underdog, especially when it takes on an all-encompassing monster like UA athletics (well, we're not doing that directly).

I suppose I'm just trying to be optimistic. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:25 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

no you're not naive, there were some positive posts about UCA. I don't think any of us implied there weren't, nor am I implying you thought we were doing any bashing of the hogs or implying that either, although plenty on here will do that from time to time as well, I'd say this board is equal opportunity bashing if it comes to that! :D

I just don't normally go posting links like that because of he pi$$ing matches that normally occur on those types of threads. That and I was particularly intrigued by what that UCA fan had to say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:43 pm 
UserName Retired

BBM, to be honest with you I'm still a little ticked at PB.Net for shutting down the board because of the influx of posters on the hog boards during the Nutt/Broyles uprising a few weeks back. I believe that a couple of their boards and PB.Net are all run by the same company. I don't know a hell of a lot about all of the technical jargon associated with the various boards being tied together, but they will have to show me a more loyal allegiance to the Bears if they want to keep my interest going with them.
The hog faithful might claim they're second to none when it comes to enthusiastic fans but there are passionate fans of the Bears who are just as adamant about our sports. We might not be as many as the hogs but we also feel we are second to none.
I might be way off base here, but I'm pretty sure PB.Net postings and viewership went way down after the shutdown. I hope it was a lesson learned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:56 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

HB< I'm not sure you're going to get an allegiance with that group. If the one with the original post to start this thread is one of their leaders, that might tell you something. It seems now, the only action they get is if one of ours goes over there to fill them in on something. Between that, and all the hog ad links they have had on their board and the current one:
"XXXXXXXX - NWA's place to watch all Razorback Athletics. 50 flavors of wings and tenders!"
I understand paying the bills, but it's comical they did have more ads supporting the hogs and such that they have since taken off of their UCA board.

Oh well. I like this place, it feels like home to me anyway! Hopefully some of their posters who really want to know about UCA will come on over here.