It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anne Pressly
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:23 am 
UserName Retired

I've seen Anne at a few UCA games this season. Regardless, this is just terrible. I worked with her for a bit at Channel 7 when we were in college...

KATV's Anne Pressly Attacked In Home

A morning anchor for a Little Rock television station was found in her home early Monday suffering from life-threatening wounds.

Little Rock police say KATV anchor Anne Pressly, 26, was found by her mother at about 4:30 a.m. lying in her bed and bleeding from "severe wounds," Little Rock police spokesman Cassandra Davis said.

Davis said there were no suspects as of mid-morning Monday but that the attack may have come during a robbery, because Pressly's purse was missing. Davis said investigators are talking to friends of Pressly's to find out if she had been threatened.

The last known contact with Pressly was between 9:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Sunday. Davis said Pressly's mother gives her daughter a wake-up call and went to the house Monday when Pressly didn't answer.

Pressly was taken to St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center, where a spokeswoman didn't immediately return a call regarding Pressly's condition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:40 am 
UserName Retired

Horrible news! My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:35 pm 
UserName Retired

Criminals suck. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:46 pm 
UserName Retired

Yeah, but our liberal courts are their best friend. Case in point - the guy that just last week got 38 years in prison for killing four people while he was driving drunk. With good behavior he will be eligible for parole in 5 years. :x Is this a great country or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:58 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Just a little update...I heard today from someone at the hospital that Anne is in recovery and looks like she will be okay but will be recovering for a very LONG time! Please keep Anne and her family in your prayers because she needs everyone of them!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:16 am 
All-American

joshuca wrote:
Horrible news! My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

Ditto...was in contact with a couple of people at channel 7 last night....they indicated that the next 24 to 48 hours were going to be tough for her. Let's keep her and her family in our prayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:14 am 
UserName Retired

I know he's often full of crap, but Tommy Smith said this morning that he had received a call "from someone who would know" that said there was a break in the case...

Let's hope so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:24 am 
All-Conference

treyuca wrote:
I know he's often full of crap, but Tommy Smith said this morning that he had received a call "from someone who would know" that said there was a break in the case...

Let's hope so.

I heard that as well. Fingers crossed............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:19 am 
Starter

treyuca wrote:

Let's hope so.

I'm hoping too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:37 am 
All-Conference

The police have certainly been combing certain high-profile areas in the area -- Cantrel Hill & the big parking lot on Fair Park across from War Memorial. I live several blocks from where Anne lives, but still close enough to be in the neighborhood and have seen an increased number of Black & Whites driving around.

I'm convinced this was premeditated and the police are saying it wasn't or they don't know so as not to give anything away. Just my opinion, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:06 am 
UserName Retired

I wonder if the police would put such an effort, money and manpower, if one of us was ever attacked like that? Doubt it, but that's the perks of celebrity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:22 am 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
I wonder if the police would put such an effort, money and manpower, if one of us was ever attacked like that? Doubt it, but that's the perks of celebrity.

I do not think it is unfortunate they are dedicating this amount of effort...I think it is, if true, unfortunate they wouldn't for everyone else. I am glad they are putting this effort out there. Call me naive, but I will chose to believe the effort is the same as it would be for anyone, just greater coverage by the media given the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:09 am 
All-Conference

The fact that Anne is a high profile personality and the story has drawn significant attention from the national media does nothing but put additional pressure on the LRPD to solve this case quickly. As a result of all the media attention, the city has become engrossed with this story. Also, the fact that this happened to a young woman who lived in a low crime, affluent area of the city makes the investigation stand out more. I believe that the effort by the detectives and blues working the case is the same as any other. It's the media attention that has ratcheted up the pressure and exposure of the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 am 
UserName Retired

foundingfather wrote:
The fact that Anne is a high profile personality and the story has drawn significant attention from the national media does nothing but put additional pressure on the LRPD to solve this case quickly. As a result of all the media attention, the city has become engrossed with this story. Also, the fact that this happened to a young woman who lived in a low crime, affluent area of the city makes the investigation stand out more. I believe that the effort by the detectives and blues working the case is the same as any other. It's the media attention that has ratcheted up the pressure and exposure of the case.

Very good point, in my opinion.
I was going to try the same thing, just probably not as well.

I have been keeping up via blogs/Web site. Yesterday some information leaked onto the KARK site. The Times linked to it initially. But at the apparent request of the LRPD, it was removed. The DemGaz published the information anyway - sparking a debate about whether or not it was the right thing to do...

Anyway, since it's out there for good now, here's the news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:22 pm 
All-Conference

Anne passed away this evening :cry:

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1008/564436.html

http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news/2008/oct/25/pressly-dies-injuries/