It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Twilight
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:09 pm 
All-Conference

After the big game Saturday, we decided to stay the night in Conway. On Sunday, we took the kids to see a movie my wife and oldest daughter have been looking forward to with great anticipation- the romantic vampire flick "Twilight". I admit I haven't read any of the books in the series by Stephanie Meyer, nor heard a whole lot about the film. And even though it was made with a cast of relatively unknowns, I left impressed, and actually look forward to the next installment.
The main character is Bella, played by 18 year old Kristen Stewart. Before Twilight, you might have seen her in The Messengers, Zathura, or Into The Wild.

22 year old English actor Robert Pattinson plays Edward Cullen, the lead male role. Robert has also been seen in 2 Harry Potter films- Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this:
Guys, if you really want to be in good graces with your better half, take her to see this movie. She will be very appreciative, and you just might find that you enjoyed it, too.
Of course, I've had the song from the baseball scene stuck in my head since we left the theatre yesterday ("Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse), but I recommend this highly.
Two thumbs way up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:56 pm 
UserName Retired

This movie is the best reason to let your wife have girlfriends.
Mine spent Friday night watching this movie - without me. :)

She was a huge fan of the books, went into the movie with low expectations, but really enjoyed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:10 pm 
All-Conference

Sweet Fancy Moses! This is what we are reduced to???How many days until football season????????????? This is killing me!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:42 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:

She was a huge fan of the books, went into the movie with low expectations, but really enjoyed it.

Yep, she was sitting in a cushy seat in a nice warm building with a good friend while you were standing out in the cold, with a guy in a goofey looking cap, eating gumbo and talking football with mostly total strangers.
You and the wife were both in your glory. Ingredients for a happy marriage. :wink: BTW, your brake light doesn't work on the right side. #-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:51 am 
Two-Time All-American

treyuca wrote:

Trey, I am so proud of you, you are wise beyond your years.

It takes many husbands years to realize that spending every moment with their wife is not a good thing....for either of them. (Some never realize it and we call them.....whupped!!!)

You, on the other hand, along with a wonderful young woman who is also wise have saved the both of you tons of misery; congratulations to you both.

p.s. My wife and I also shared this secret very early on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:13 pm 
All-Conference

I am avoiding the movie like the plague personally..... everyone I've talked to (male & female (yes, there have been males)) said it was completely awful, but sort of like a trainwreck-type of awful where it's too good to not watch :lol:

My wife, huge fan of the books she is (even though she says the books are horrible and poorly written), will probably be seeing it this Friday.

Me? There's bound to be something around the house I can do.... maybe check the back yard to make sure all the grass blades are the same height.

You know, before winter sets in 8)