It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anne Pressly's Murderer Has A History
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:11 pm 
All-Conference

Remember all of those people from Marianna on the news saying things like "I can't believe he did this, he was such a good young man."

Apparently, they didn't know him too well.

He raped a teacher there, he killed Anne, and now, it turns out, he was stalking other women, it was reported to the Marianna PD, and they did NOTHING to him, not even arrest and charge him for trespassing.

Quote:
Nearly a week after an arrest is made in Anne Pressly's murder--a Marianna woman says she too had an encounter with the suspect Curtis Vance.

Tuesday night she shared her story with Channel 7’s Amanda Mannatt. The young mother says Vance was found outside her house not once, but twice.

(Rob Stiles, Marianna) "This is where I saw him. I had the keys in my hand and set off the alarm and he ran through the neighbor's gate right here."

Rob Stiles describes seeing a man he says police told him was Curtis Vance, under his carport last month.

Rob's wife, Faith, was the one spotted someone just outside her window, one night around 8 o'clock and called 911. Officers didn't find anyone, but were called back just a couple hours later.

(Faith Stiles, Marianna) "My neighbor across the street called and said, you need to get back downstairs now. That guy is back in your yard and we've called police."

This time, police did stop a suspect.

(Faith) "He came to us, and we were like, what's going on, that's the guy. He gave us the name, but said, we don't have anything on him."

The Stiles say an officer told them the man was Curtis Vance. The Stiles didn't hear the name again, until last week, when they heard Vance was wanted in Anne Pressly's murder.

(Faith) "Just blown away.It seems someone dropped the ball somewhere."

The Marianna Police Chief says that's not the case.

(Vincent Bell, Marianna Police Chief) "I wouldn't necessarily say the ball was dropped. The officers did respond according to her and they did make contact with the individual whom you say identified as Mr. Vance, so we did what needed to be done, with the exception of maybe putting him in jail as maybe she wanted to."

We have documents showing police responded, but officers didn't fill out an official report, naming Vance.

Now, almost a week after his arrest, Faith says she feels lucky to be alive.

(Faith) "There's always that possibility, always that thought in the back of your mind--it could have easily been me."

The Police Chief told Channel 7 the department will be changing protocol to fill out official reports for every call they respond to.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1208/574610.html

Like I said, what about some trespassing charges? The did drop the ball on this one IMHO.