It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:40 pm 
UserName Retired

BearDenFounder wrote:
joshuca wrote:
True. He is a great guy, I am sure, and is going to be a great ambassador for the state and the city of Conway, but he could at least mention UCA on occasion.

And hopefully he will, Josh. I'm just saying, he's going to have MANY more occassions to do just that. Let's hold off on the knee-jerk reactions after one radio interview and an appearance on Leno. I'm sure he's aware (and will be reminded) of the thousands of people who got together from UCA every week to vote for him. If he doesn't, then I'll take issue with that.

It wasn't knee jerk, it's a thought that has been proven right over time. All of that has happened to him and he still has yet to say anything, positive or negative, about his alma mater. During AI he said he is a devoted hog fan to get votes. After AI, he said he's not from anywhere in Arkansas, but that he's from Arkansas. Pretty good marketing in my opinion. But a sorry thing to do to your alma mater.

When I win the lottery, I will be wearing a UCA shirt while I'm handiing over a check to whoever is president at the time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:56 am 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
BearDenFounder wrote:
joshuca wrote:
True. He is a great guy, I am sure, and is going to be a great ambassador for the state and the city of Conway, but he could at least mention UCA on occasion.

And hopefully he will, Josh. I'm just saying, he's going to have MANY more occassions to do just that. Let's hold off on the knee-jerk reactions after one radio interview and an appearance on Leno. I'm sure he's aware (and will be reminded) of the thousands of people who got together from UCA every week to vote for him. If he doesn't, then I'll take issue with that.

It wasn't knee jerk, it's a thought that has been proven right over time. All of that has happened to him and he still has yet to say anything, positive or negative, about his alma mater. During AI he said he is a devoted hog fan to get votes. After AI, he said he's not from anywhere in Arkansas, but that he's from Arkansas. Pretty good marketing in my opinion. But a sorry thing to do to your alma mater.

When I win the lottery, I will be wearing a UCA shirt while I'm handiing over a check to whoever is president at the time. :wink:

Actually, Conway was mentioned numerous times on the show. Remember all those shots of downtown? And the clips from his performance at the Reynolds Performance Hall? He also did say he was from Conway on Leno. He has yet to mention UCA in the national media. That's where I'm saying give it time. I'm not arguing whether his talking up the Hogs was good marketing, and I'm definitely not arguing that it's not important to thank his UCA fans. It is.

Now that he's won, his support of his alma mater and the 22K+ fans that turned up at Simon Park need to be recognized. But it's only two days after his win, and saying that you're "done with him" is a little knee-jerk in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:33 am 
Two-Time All-American

BearCountry wrote:
But a sorry thing to do to your alma mater.

Can you actually say his alma mater? He didn't graduate from UCA, he dropped out...I guess you could say his alma mater is Jacksonville High School. If I recall he said on Leno that he has no plans of finishing his education at UCA either. So honestly whether he talks about UCA or not, its no hair off my back because he is not an alum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:13 am 
UserName Retired

UpandIn913 wrote:
BearCountry wrote:

Can you actually say his alma mater? He didn't graduate from UCA, he dropped out...I guess you could say his alma mater is Jacksonville High School. If I recall he said on Leno that he has no plans of finishing his education at UCA either. So honestly whether he talks about UCA or not, its no hair off my back because he is not an alum.

Great point! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:13 am 
UserName Retired

UpandIn913 wrote:
he is not an alum.

I'm not either but UCA is where my money goes and I'm damn proud of it. Who knows, if we get a new president that will promise me that any future donations don't end up paying for some VIP's green fees and country club membership, as in the past, I just might ante up even more. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:13 am 
Redshirt

I don't really think people realize how many people saw the lower 3rd banner on AI when he came to UCA. I would say having University of Central Arkansas across the screen during one of the most watched shows on television would definitely be positive for UCA. I am sure UofA would have loved that press that you guys are throwing out the window because he didn't personally say UCA anywhere. I hope that Kris doesn't read this board because if he did he might not ever mention his school ever again after finding out how much support you guys have for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 am 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
UpandIn913 wrote:
BearCountry wrote:

Great point! 8)

I don't think you have to be a graduate to be considered an alum. HB, think you might have some more insight into this? I mean, are there any donors to UCA at all that went to school here, but don't have a degree from here? I'd bet there might be a handful. And I bet they consider themselves alumni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:13 pm 
UserName Retired

ucabusinessstudent wrote:
I don't really think people realize how many people saw the lower 3rd banner on AI when he came to UCA. I would say having University of Central Arkansas across the screen during one of the most watched shows on television would definitely be positive for UCA. I am sure UofA would have loved that press that you guys are throwing out the window because he didn't personally say UCA anywhere. I hope that Kris doesn't read this board because if he did he might not ever mention his school ever again after finding out how much support you guys have for him.

Kris will be too busy with his career and his life, as he should be, to care about our opinions or his alma mater. As for uaf, they get more press than that everytime a student athlete sneezes, so bad argument. As for mentioning his school ever again, he hasn't yet and he might in the future, but I doubt it and no longer care if he does. Like I said, good luck with his career, hope he enjoys the fruits of his hard work, but as for my opinion of him, it'll be the same for a while. I'm don't hate him, I just don't look for him to promote UCA as a real fan would...like he has the pigs. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:18 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Honey Bear wrote:
UpandIn913 wrote:
he is not an alum.

I'm not either but UCA is where my money goes and I'm damn proud of it. Who knows, if we get a new president that will promise me that any future donations don't end up paying for some VIP's green fees and country club membership, as in the past, I just might ante up even more. :wink:

HB, I agree with and myself along with many others are very grateful for what you and Mrs. Honey Bear do for the university. But I take great pride in knowing that I graduated from UCA and that it is my ALMA MATER. I have always been under the impression that your alma mater is a place that you graduated from. If that's not the case, then I could consider the University of Texas, and LSU my alma mater as well because I have taken classes there. There are no harsh feeling towards anyone this subject that's just always been my opinion on the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:51 am 
UserName Retired

Kris said "University of Central Arkansas" at the 4:22 mark in the Regis interview. Kids on a roll. :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:59 pm 
UserName Retired

BearDenFounder wrote:

I don't think you have to be a graduate to be considered an alum. HB, think you might have some more insight into this? I mean, are there any donors to UCA at all that went to school here, but don't have a degree from here? I'd bet there might be a handful. And I bet they consider themselves alumni.

You do not have to be a graduate to be considered alumni. As long as you attended said university then you are an alum. There are a couple of Distinguished Alumni hanging on the wall at Buffalo that are not graduates but they did attend UCA at some point. I know a handful of donors that never attended UCA but ante up pretty good money just because they believe in UCA. Myself, I'm considered a "friend" of UCA and they accept my donations just as quick as alumni's money. :wink: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:52 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
Myself, I'm considered a "friend" of UCA and they accept my donations just as quick as alumni's money

Any donor who wants to claim to be an "alum" is fine with me..agreed that one need not graduate to be considered an alum....dontae enough and you can get an honorary degree.....heck, donate enough and I'll get you a diploma signed by Silas Snow or Jeff Farris......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:24 am 
UserName Retired

BearsFan52 wrote:
Quote:
Myself, I'm considered a "friend" of UCA and they accept my donations just as quick as alumni's money

Any donor who wants to claim to be an "alum" is fine with me..agreed that one need not graduate to be considered an alum....dontae enough and you can get an honorary degree.....heck, donate enough and I'll get you a diploma signed by Silas Snow or Jeff Farris......

And for those willing to donate at the highest possible level, you'll get a diploma signed by Monkey! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:05 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/at-t-may-have-swayed-idol-outcome-to-favor-kris-allen/23028?nc

AT&T May Have Swayed Idol Outcome to Favor Kris Allen
Us Magazine - 2 hours, 28 minutes ago

The New York Times is reporting that American Idol's Kris Allen may have had a little help from AT&T, one of the Fox show's biggest corporate sponsors, in winning this year...

Cant believe I'm posting on this topic or this link, since I am extremely happy he did win it all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 am 
UserName Retired

Quote:
While Fox has yet to comment, AT&T issued the following statement: "In Arkansas, we were invited to attend the local watch parties organized by the community. A few local employees brought a small number of demo phones with them and provided texting tutorials to those who were interested."

Um..I think if the average person texts, like a 15 year old girl for example, they know how to text, power text, and even text in groups..geez... no story here folks. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next