It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HB1339- Electoral College vote-not yours anymore!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:46 pm 
UserName Retired

(Disclaimer: I am an independent when it comes to party affiliation. I vote for who I think is the best candidate, no matter the party affiliation.)

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:SLGAPEcXfcoJ:www.nationalpopularvote.com/resources/bills/AR-HB-1339-of-2009.pdf+arkansas+house+bill+1339&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Wow! Our Senate has done it again! Now our politicians want to change how your votes count in the presidential election. Here's the change: If the state of Arkansas votes for the Democratic party rep. but the nationwide popular vote is for the Republican party canddate, then the electoral votes for the state of Arkansas go to the Republican candidate! :shock: :shock: :shock:

So here's how I see it.

Your popular vote for a candidate in Arkansas doesn't count for Arkansas when it comes to designating the electoral reps because whatever the rest of the nation votes (the national popular vote) is where they will go!

Huh? :shock: I hope this bothers somebody on this board. I think that sometimes the masses don't always know what is best and when it comes to political office, some would vote for a candidate just because of looks, gender, ethnicity or social status. Sometimes we have to put the ugliest, unfriendliest sorriest SOB in office to get the nation back on track. Please take the time to read the bill HB1339 and let your senator know what you think..I will! The popular vote may not get our choice of candidate into office, but I'm not going to let some ignorant politician take away my electoral college vote and give it to someone else just because the rest of the nation wants them to have it. Represent me, an Arkansan,in my state of Arkansas, with the candidate that this state votes for, that is why the electoral college was created!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:58 pm 
UserName Retired

The Democrats are stilled pissed about winning the majority of votes but losing the electoral vote in what I believe was Bush's second win. If we go to a majority vote nationwide then CA and NY will be electing most of our presidents, theorectically. God help us if that happens. The politics of those two states have got to be the most corrupt, in NY's case, and the most ideological (maybe there is a better word for cuckoo), in CA's case, of any two states in the nation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:01 pm 
UserName Retired

What gets me about all of this is the "persons we vote for to represent us" are choosing to pass a bill that "doesn't represent us!" :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:55 pm 
UserName Retired

I found this in a comments column of a blog - When I reviewed the voting records of all the state representatives who voted for HB1339, fifty-five were Democrats and one was from the Green Party.

I rest my case about pissed off Democrats. BTW, I'm registered Independent.

Here's how they voted: http://www.votesmart.org/issue_keyvote_ ... s_id=24045

Oh yeah, one of the cosponsors of the bill, Linda Tyler, right here from good old Faulkner County. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:39 am 
Two-Time All-American

We've had some pretty heated discussions about this over the past month.

http://arkansashunting.net/showthread.p ... =electoral

http://arkansashunting.net/showthread.p ... =electoral

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:52 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
I think that sometimes the masses don't always know what is best and when it comes to political office, some would vote for a candidate just because of looks, gender, ethnicity or social status.

Ain't America great?