It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AG's office feeling our pain
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:16 am 
UserName Retired

I see the shoe is on the other foot. I wonder if an investigation will be called on themselves? Here's part of the article. Maybe the ADG should be appointed to run the law and order departments of Arkansas. :wink:

Agency: Unpaid flights an error
McDaniel settles bill after inquiry

BY CHARLIE FRAGO ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

Attorney General Dustin McDaniel has flown 22 times around Arkansas and to two neighboring states on a Department of Correction airplane over the past two years, but didn’t reimburse the prison agency for most of his travel until after an Arkansas Democrat-Gazette inquiry this year. McDaniel and prison officials say a billing error led to the delay in payment of $9,860.50 in April from McDaniel’s office to the Correction Department for flights extending back to the beginning of 2008.
A Correction Department employee failed to send invoices for those flights to McDaniel, according to an email from the prison agency.
“It’s my fault ... I let this slip — way longer than I intended,” wrote Teresa Funderburg, a Correction Department procurement manager, to Assistant Director Sheila Sharp on April 22, two days after the newspaper asked for evidence that McDaniel’s office had reimbursed the prison agency.
McDaniel’s spokesman, Gabe Holmstrom, said the newspaper’s Freedom of Information Act requests in March and April to the department led to the attorney general’s office learning of the discrepancy.
“It was something between our office and [the Correction Department] that did slip through the cracks,” Holmstrom said in an e-mail.
In all, McDaniel spent $13,657 in taxpayer funds between May 2007 and mid-March of this year on flight costs for the Correction Department’s 1966 B55 Baron, which seats three passengers. Those costs include fuel, maintenance and pilot fees.
McDaniel reimbursed the agency $3,796.50 at the end of 2007, according to Department of Correction records.

Post subject: Re: AG's office feeling our pain
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:06 am 
UserName Retired

Honey Bear wrote:
I see the shoe is on the other foot. I wonder if an investigation will be called on themselves? Here's part of the article. Maybe the ADG should be appointed to run the law and order departments of Arkansas. :wink:

Agency: Unpaid flights an error
McDaniel settles bill after inquiry

BY CHARLIE FRAGO ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

Attorney General Dustin McDaniel has flown 22 times around Arkansas and to two neighboring states on a Department of Correction airplane over the past two years, but didn’t reimburse the prison agency for most of his travel until after an Arkansas Democrat-Gazette inquiry this year. McDaniel and prison officials say a billing error led to the delay in payment of $9,860.50 in April from McDaniel’s office to the Correction Department for flights extending back to the beginning of 2008.
A Correction Department employee failed to send invoices for those flights to McDaniel, according to an email from the prison agency.
“It’s my fault ... I let this slip — way longer than I intended,” wrote Teresa Funderburg, a Correction Department procurement manager, to Assistant Director Sheila Sharp on April 22, two days after the newspaper asked for evidence that McDaniel’s office had reimbursed the prison agency.
McDaniel’s spokesman, Gabe Holmstrom, said the newspaper’s Freedom of Information Act requests in March and April to the department led to the attorney general’s office learning of the discrepancy.
“It was something between our office and [the Correction Department] that did slip through the cracks,” Holmstrom said in an e-mail.
In all, McDaniel spent $13,657 in taxpayer funds between May 2007 and mid-March of this year on flight costs for the Correction Department’s 1966 B55 Baron, which seats three passengers. Those costs include fuel, maintenance and pilot fees.
McDaniel reimbursed the agency $3,796.50 at the end of 2007, according to Department of Correction records.

1966! Wow! I thought that those C-130s you see buzzing the natural state were the only oldest planes up there! They were made in the early 60s...and that's scary! Now we have gov. officials flying in death traps too! I hope that's a remodeled plane and not one that's just been serviced for 40+ years. :shock: