It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:27 pm 
Practice Squad

BearCountry wrote:
...hey, it's good for a few years right? :lol:

I'll start with a match of $100. Who's next?

It'll be good for about 10 years with the amount of abuse they take since they are heavy and awkward to hold/carry...20 years if you really take care of it. There are tubas that have been around for 80+ years that are well taken care of...it just depends on the type of use. College level marching band or high school is gonna deal a lot of damage and 20 years would be a good lifetime...after that you're looking at fixing it 1-2 times a year. We literally had a couple of horns fall apart at the seams last season. One had the bell fly off in the middle of a game and another during a rehearsal and one just fell apart...lol It was funny but sad at the same time since we're "big time" but we (tubas) don't feel like it...haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:36 pm 
Practice Squad

Oh, and I appreciate the outpour of support! I know I would greatly appreciate it, even if I'm not around to see it since I'm graduating in the spring. Mr Smyth and all the tubas would appreciate it, even if it's just 1 new one. Mr Smyth is gonna try to do everything he can to get us all new horns but I think we're trying to get 1-2 at a time until something else changes in the amount of support we get to opperate (it takes a lot to just keep us running, without purchasing instruments).

My high school bought all new concert type tubas that ended up costing $27,000+ and we raised it all in 2-3 years. It can be done but it's gonna take some effort. We may can ask some of the alumni or someone else (we had a guy donate our new uniforms that was over $80,000!!!). Maybe we can ask Kris Allen once he gets some income??? Or Lu Hardin...he's got a job now...or he can just give us back that money we gave him??? Sounds good to me :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
we had a guy donate our new uniforms that was over $80,000

Actually over $120,000.....nice to have friends who share....former BMB member.....