It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:23 pm 
Two-Time All-American

old bear wrote:
not mad, Josh, just tired, and it is time for some of them to put up or shut up. They are treading on thin ice, they are not protected by the veil of the internet from slander. I have been called a crook, a criminal, a thief. They have not said, "in my opinion, he appears to be . . ." For those of you that know me, you know that I have always done exactly what I have said I will do once I have committed to it. The folks over there have gotten out of line. That is ok, but show the goods, or shut up.
=D>

Thanks for all you do Old Bear!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:28 pm 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:

Quote:
Posted by: rushharding at Jul. 1, 2009 at 8:02:06 pm
Or, if that does not meet with your approval, I am close to 60, overweight, bald, but if you do not want to resolve this as gentlemen, I would like to try and whip your *****, anywhere, anytime, any of the three is ok with me.

You will get what you want soon enough, but if you would like it a little more quickly, all you have to do is call. Waiting for your: in person, I am not scared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:57 pm 
UserName Retired

BMF - Beary Manilow Fan? Always figured there was a connection between you two. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:21 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
last saturday's article was: old prez hired nix. interim prez fired nix. the end.

Thanks to Robin for his service and support to UCA. He did a fine job as Interim VP in a time when direction was really needed. Tom appreciates what Robin did for UCA but needed to save a salary where he could. Due in no small part due to Robin's fine work, the Development area made great progress and is better now than ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:27 pm 
UserName Retired

You're way off base on this one 52.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:40 pm 
Two-Time All-American

You are entitled to your opinion but the Development area is far better than it has ever been...not even close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:48 pm 
UserName Retired

I agree that Robin had it headed in the right direction compared to the last several years and that's why his firing made little sense to the people who knew. I really find it hard to believe that saving money was the reason for termination. The man offered to work for free after finding out the reason - to save money - for his firing. Nope, I don't believe for one second that money was the reason. As you said, I have my opinion but I also know some opinions are based on facts. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:09 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Never said I agreed with the decision but a salary was saved when Tom was scrambling to save where he could. In a weird way under state budget rules, working for free is not entirely helpful. Maybe that was an excuse but the budget result was beneficial. I trust you agree Robin did a good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:30 pm 
Team Captain

Let me know if you want my input on that one, I probably have done enough damage for one day. The blogger that called me a crook and thief is having dinner with me Monday night. I should not have lost my composure but as I told him, my father only left me with one thing, a decent name, and when the words "crook" and "thief" came out I lost it. I have no desire to be a primped up pretty man and I guess I am not much of a gentleman. Oh well, I am sure the DG will plaster me this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:10 pm 
UserName Retired

Incoming PBAU President Leaves Legal/Ethical Problems in Arkansas

Quote:
When the Sun-Sentinel announced that Arkansas transplant Lu Hardin would take the helm of Palm Beach Atlantic University July 1, the newspaper quoted R. Marshall Jones, chairman of the presidential search committee, who called Hardin "a person of great character and ability as well as a man of great faith." But writers at the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock, who followed Hardin as he led the University of Central Arkansas, had harsher descriptions of the man's activities. Like "low-jinx" and "various and appalling screw-ups."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:39 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
But writers at the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock, who followed Hardin as he led the University of Central Arkansas, had harsher descriptions of the man's activities. Like "low-jinx" and "various and appalling screw-ups."

Any guesses as to who was involved with this? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:02 pm 
UserName Retired

It's evident to me that the ADG is/was on a witch for Hardin and UCA. Unless I've missed it somewhere not one word has been written about Meadors/UCA since he took over last Monday. Yes, I know, today is his first official day but he has been at the wheel since last Monday. I would think any decent reporter with his/her salt would have known this and would have written something already about the new sheriff in town. Haven't seen anything in the LCD either. Any of you guys seen on the tube or read anywhere about the new prez at his new job? I just figured a new president at the second largest educational institution in the state would have warranted some coverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:07 pm 
Team Captain

I hope the media leaves meadors along and let him start moving the University forward. We don't need the media to be questioning every decision the man makes. He has a mess to clean up and the less time he spends answering Debra's questions the more he can get done. It took 6 years to get us into this current corner, meadors is going to need some time to get us out of it. Thank goodness he hasn't called 3-4 press conferences all ready, Lu would have called at least 2 dozen by now.