It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New PBA President Lu Hardin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:42 pm 
UserName Retired

New PBA President Lu Hardin

WEST PALM BEACH — Palm Beach Atlantic University trustees today voted unanimously to accept the recommendation of the presidential search committee to appoint Lu Hardin, J.D. as PBA’s seventh president. President Hardin begins his term of service July 1, 2009.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:57 pm 
UserName Retired

Wow.
And he starts tomorrow?
Wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:14 pm 
All-Conference

The new president's first message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm 
UserName Retired

I really kind of had to chuckle. He wasted no time getting in front of the camera. :lol: Thanks for hiring him PBA. Now we don't have to pay for his medical insurance anymore. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 pm 
Team Captain

I am happy for Lu and Mary, that is a good place for them to rebuild their lives and reputations. The Board there loves him and they have no competition in that community from other colleges. I predict that Lu will do great things there. No insurance to pay for, Lu did not miss a single day of pay, on the camera on day 1, spreading the field, going vertical with the passing game, being aggressive and making things happen!! Please just watch the turnovers!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 pm 
All-Conference

Congrats to Lu and Mary! I hope they do great things for PBA and are very happy with their new home. I doubt the Palm Beach area golf courses influenced Lu's application for that job in any way. Go get 'em Lu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:11 am 
Two-Time All-American

Congrats to Lu! wish him and Mary the best! Glad to see that he is feeling better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:57 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Best wishes to Mary and Lu....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:16 pm 
UserName Retired

Old Bear getting mad!

Quote:
Posted by: rushharding at Jul. 1, 2009 at 8:02:06 pm
Barack, I can assure you it is I, it has been a rough day in many ways. Let's have a deal. I resign within 24 hours of your meeting with me in a civil discussion in public and we try and air our differences in an amiable manner. Or, if that does not suit you, I will resign within 24 hours of you having a public debate with me about these issues, all I am interested in is truth, John Brummett, or Max Brantley, or Debra Hale-Shelton can moderate, or David Keith or you pick someone. Or, if that does not meet with your approval, I am close to 60, overweight, bald, but if you do not want to resolve this as gentlemen, I would like to try and whip your *****, anywhere, anytime, any of the three is ok with me.
Now, I proclaim publicly, that if you will not do one of the three, you are simply not worthy of being listened to. What is it?
If you are a female Barack, please forgive the third choice, but the other two are good to go. 907-2018 w, 804-8434 c. If you are a UCA employee, there will be no repurcussions of any kind. The new President just got here today, he is not quite settled. You will get what you want soon enough, but if you would like it a little more quickly, all you have to do is call. Waiting for your: in person, I am not scared, I believe in truth call. Going to dinner, cell is best, or I will be home in 50 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:22 pm 
Team Captain

not mad, Josh, just tired, and it is time for some of them to put up or shut up. They are treading on thin ice, they are not protected by the veil of the internet from slander. I have been called a crook, a criminal, a thief. They have not said, "in my opinion, he appears to be . . ." For those of you that know me, you know that I have always done exactly what I have said I will do once I have committed to it. The folks over there have gotten out of line. That is ok, but show the goods, or shut up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 pm 
UserName Retired

Old Bear...I was impressed with what you said on the other site..but I was a bit concerned when you uttered the unspeakable name...(DHS).... :-# Go wash your mouth out with a heavy dose of Kentucky's finest for 10 minutes at least! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:17 pm 
Practice Squad

i'm sorry, but DHS has done enough. she's really grasping at straws now. last saturday's article was: old prez hired nix. interim prez fired nix. the end.

what insightful reading she provides! kids, i bet there might be even more interesting things happening in conway than EVEN this.

And back on topic: Best of luck to Lu and Mary at PBA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:55 am 
UserName Retired

Quote:
but DHS (aka Ms. -nated) has done enough

If you ask her she will disagree with that statement I'm sure. The statewide accolades she is getting from other media sources regarding her "investigative" reporting has no doubt required her to buy larger hats over the last couple of months. Myself, I do deem her the #1 instigative reporter in the state. Of course, walking into an office and requesting papers to read doesn't require a lot of skill, just a pretty good size cushion - interpret that how you want - to sit on your butt all day and read. As long as she is stirring the pot, job security isn't in question.

Oh yeah, for the douche who commented in the article Josh posted about Barbara Anderson following Lu to Florida - you can join the ranks of those who you criticize about misleading people, she is now employed by Seton Hall where Estaban went. You scumbag you. How dare you lie to your friends and us taxpayers like that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:34 am 
UserName Retired

I'm sure the Cabin appreciates all the action on its Web site.
I'm a slow reader, so I can't imagine how long it'd take me to read all those comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:15 pm 
UserName Retired

treyuca wrote:
I'm a slow reader, so I can't imagine how long it'd take me to read all those comments.

Good practice for when you get my age. Slow is good. :wink: