It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: She must really lead a sad sad life...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:24 am 
UserName Retired

not to have anything more important to write about than to try and make this mole hill into a mountain.

LINK

Hey -, there are a couple of pine trees by the practice field that died. Why don't you see if you can get to the root :wink: of their demise. A lot of history there comcerning the trees. Should be one helluva scoop there for you. No need to thank me for the lead. It is a very hushhush incident around campus about their deaths. Please see what you can dig up, needle some people for info, bark til you are heard and let us know what sap is responsible for this horrendous act.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:16 am 
All-American

The ghost of The Black Gum Tree killed those pine trees. Before the practice field and field house were there, there was a little road that ran along the west edge of Estes and on the west side of the road was a lone black gum tree. It didn't survive the development of the area so it's now seeking its revenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:51 am 
UserName Retired

Silverware? Is she freakin' serious? Lady. get a life! This proves to me what kind of journalist she really thinks she is! Ok. Here's another story for her to follow up on....there are potholes on campus that keep reappearing after a good rain. Spooky. Weird. I bet ole Lu still has something to do with that too! Or that money to keep them hidden was actually given to the athletic department. Geez. :roll:

Last edited by BearCountry on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:20 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I can't get the link to work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm 
UserName Retired

Here ya go:

Missing silverware set now a mystery at UCA
BY DEBRA HALE-SHELTON ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

CONWAY — Add a missing set of sterling silverware to the University of Central Arkansas’ problems.
New UCA President Allen Meadors and his wife, Barbara, don’t have it. Nor do Lu and Mary Hardin, who moved out of the university-owned president’s home last year and now live in Florida.
The 12-place setting of Towle silverware was valued at $3,400 and normally was stored in the butler’s pantry at the Donaghey Avenue home, according to a UCA police report.
Betty Nussbaum, who died in 2003, donated the silver to UCA in November 1991.
Ann Barnett, associate for administration at UCA, noticed the flatware was missing during an inventory check March 2. It still hadn’t turned up as of Thursday, UCA spokesman Jeff Pitchford said.
But a Hadidi French rug also reported missing was found a week later in the president’s home, Pitchford said.
Officials also eventually realized that a computer printer stored on campus and reported as missing had been sent to the state to be sold. It had not been properly reported as inventory being “retired,” Pitchford said.
“Other items have turned up, so it’s very possible the silverware may turn up,” UCA Police Lt. Preston Grumbles said Wednesday.
UCA police did a nationwide check of pawnshops to see if someone had tried to sell the silverware, but it didn’t turn up, Grumbles added.
Someone also talked with Mary Hardin to make sure the silverware wasn’t packed by mistake when she and her husband moved out of the home, Grumbles said.
“They did not have it,” the lieutenant said.
Though the flatware had a serial number, “Employees familiar with the silverware don’t remember any specific markings or logos on it that would indicate the state of Arkansas or UCA,” Pitchford said.
Lu Hardin tendered his resignation at UCA on Aug. 28, 2008, but under a severance agreement did not have to move out of the university house until Nov. 1, 2008.
Hardin was named president of Palm Beach Atlantic University in Florida in July. Former interim President Tom Courtway never moved into the house, and Meadors moved in last month.
Pitchford said there were receptions and other functions in the house even when no one was living there.
“It’s unfortunate” that it is missing, Pitchford said. “From our police force to everyone else on campus, we’re looking at ways to make sure this kind of thing doesn’t happen again. But we’re a big community. Obviously, it’s easier [to prevent such losses and notice them soon] when there’s a president in the home.”
Pitchford didn’t know when the silverware was last seen or used. The police report indicates the “incident” date was between Jan. 1, 2008, and March 3, 2009.
Unless new information turns up, Grumbles said, police consider the silverware missing, not stolen. The case file has been inactivated.
In an Aug. 11 e-mail to Pitchford, UCA Police Chief Larry James said “a theft could not be substantiated in this case.”
“This is routine for cases in which inventory checks reveal missing property,” James wrote. “More information regarding the circumstances of the loss would be necessary to classify it as a theft.”
Pitchford said that to his knowledge the university, which saw hefty budget cuts during the past academic year, “does not plan to replace the sterling silverware this academic year.”
Aramark, UCA’s food-service provider, has offered to provide some flatware for the president’s home for use at events there, Pitchford said.
“It is not a silver set but is stainless steel,” he said. “This will be at no cost to UCA, and the set will continue to be the property of Aramark.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:28 pm 
UserName Retired

Pretty scandalous stuff right there.

Nothing like a good Friday mystery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:43 pm 
Practice Squad

I hate her more with every article she writes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:58 pm 
UserName Retired

Quote:
Add a missing set of sterling silverware to the University of Central Arkansas’ problems.

That is so preposterous a statement by such a vindictive, for whatever reason, person that it is not even laughable. The editor who approved the printing of this article is Douche #2 regarding this wasted space of paper and ink.

Quote:
Lu Hardin tendered his resignation at UCA on Aug. 28, 2008, but under a severance agreement did not have to move out of the university house until Nov. 1, 2008.

Just what in the hell does this have to do with "misplaced" silverware? You ever notice that this tidbit of archaic info is practically in every article she writes about UCA. I'd just as soon know about the latest dump the president's dog took. At least that would be something I haven't heard about 50 times.

For someone who won the "investigative reporter" of the year award in Arkansas, this is more than a stretch in trying to get to the bottom of a story. Hey Ms.-nated, please go look into the round hole in the outhouse of your backyard and you'll get a picture of what I think about your article.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:54 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I once took a plastic spork from the cafeteria and I wasn't even a paying customer. Someone launch an investigation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:49 pm 
UserName Retired

UCAMonkey wrote:
I once took a plastic spork from the cafeteria and I wasn't even a paying customer. Someone launch an investigation.

She's already done an investigation on that too Monkey. She has decided to release that with other details of your criminal life, including your dealings with Lu himself, who apparently left his job on August 28th but didn't have to move out until Nov. 1st. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
For someone who won the "investigative reporter" of the year award in Arkansas

If that were track and field, she would have been runnnig the extremely low hurdles. Actually she may have been running the race alone.

I suspect UCAPD knows how to conduct an investigation but with all the receptions and unsupervised access to buildings on any campus, without cameras or a witness, good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:49 pm 
All-Conference

Seems to me like she would fit right in working on that stupid paparazzi show from Hollywierd- the TMZ. Fluff journalism at it's finest. I've seen ambulance-chasing attorneys with more integrity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Hey now I love me some TMZ LOL....

On a side note, I was talking with a sports reports at the ADG yesterday and I thought I would see what they thought about her. Needless to say he wasn't very happy that I said some pretty harsh things about her. He backed up his opinions on her based on that bogus award she received.