It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am offended
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:55 am 
UserName Retired

Well, I see our boy Julian is back up and writing for the Echo and back online for this semester. Already he has pulled out the pot and is calling it black.

The following quotes are from one of his articles prior to the Hawaii game:

McMackin referred to the pre-game ritual as a "little faggot dance." McMackin then used the homophobic slur twice more during the press conference.

The University of Hawaii should have made an example out of McMackin and fired him immediately. Firing McMackin would have sent a message to coaches and players in both the college and professional ranks of sports that this type of ignorant and offensive speech will not be tolerated.

I work two jobs on campus and I'm confident that if I made a homophobic remark similar to that of McMackin's that I would be fired on the spot at both places.

The following quote is from an article he wrote after the game:

...the Bears defense, led by senior defensive end Larry Hart, made Alexander look like a buffoon while forcing him to commit three turnovers.

Now, as a fellow buffooner ( my last place standing in the Pick'em contest is evidence of that) I am appalled, hurt, embarrassed and downright livid that he would use such a non pc adjective to describe me and millions, I assume of course, b******s who cannot help that that was the hand we were dealt in life. It was not my choosing but my fate that my cards were dealt that way.

I am not going to recommend that Julian lose his job by making such a degrading statement. I have too much compassion and forgiveness in me to warrant such an action that could affect the young man for the rest of his life.

However, I would ask you Julian (notice that I have starting calling you by your given name this year - but there is still time to revert back to your affectionate name) to show a little more respect and understanding to all us b******s out there. I cordially invite you to one of our BBA (Brotherhood of Buffoons Assn.) meeting one night. You will see that we are almost like you and everyone else - almost. We meet in the middle of the interstate, eastbound lane, every Thursday night at 9 pm. A flashlight is not required but it helps. We need some sympathetic love from you perfect people also.

Oh yeah, the b*****n got in the last word according to the scoreboard. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:29 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
the Bears defense, led by senior defensive end Larry Hart, made Alexander look like a buffoon while forcing him to commit three turnovers.

The last I checked Alexander the Buffoon led his team to victory over our beloved Bears. As I recall CCC commented that Alexander played much better than Bears expected. Also, as much as I like Larry Hart, I thought he only had one tackle...obviously due to Hawaii's knowing he was not to be left alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:22 pm 
Practice Squad

I know that Alexander led Hawaii to the win, but you've got to admit that even though he won that three turnovers is a pretty bad performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:51 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Not what they wanted for sure.... I think our defense harassed him pretty good at times and laid some hits on him......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:57 am 
Starter

I wish I could have made folks pissed off like this when I worked for the Echo. Wait, I did, but I think it was the Juliachebag. Those columns weren't worth a damn.