It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boycotting Ch. 11
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 am 
UserName Retired

:lol:

Rex Nelson's Blog

Quote:
Well, we gave KTHV-TV, Channel 11, news another try after the Florida-LSU game Saturday night. Readers might remember that we’ve been boycotting all of Channel 11’s local newscasts since last fall due to the station’s stubborn refusal on Saturdays to give the scores of any Arkansas university other than the University of Arkansas.

Being home on a Saturday night in the fall (which is rare) provided an opportunity to see if the station had changed its ways. No luck. No UCA-Northwestern State score. No UAPB-Jackson State score. No Gulf South Conference scores. No more viewership at my house for another year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 am 
All-Conference

I just tweeted this article. Good read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:02 pm 
All-Conference

I also take issue with KARK 4. All of their sports reports come from a studio in Fayetteville and are called the Razorback Report. Not Sports. The Razorback Report. Rarely do you see anything but Hogs on 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I don't see anything on 4, 11, 40/29 or any other station that only covers one school....I do, however, get most all my college sports news from internet sources.

This is really so infantile.....Tulsa stations covers Tulsa, OU and OSU all the time.....as do Ok City stations....KC stations cover Mizzou, Kansas, Kansas State, UMKC and even Nebraska....

This is yet another example of why our state is often considered third world by outsiders....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:38 am 
UserName Retired

Quote:
The boycott is over. In fact, we’re begging you to watch the local news on KTHV, Channel 11. We had long bashed KTHV for refusing on most Saturday nights to give the scores of all the Arkansas teams.

During the 10 p.m. newscast this past Saturday, Channel 11 did an about-face. After its two reporters in Oxford, Miss., gave their report on the Razorback loss, the station switched to Mark Edwards in the Little Rock studio. He gave the ASU score. He gave the UAPB score. He gave the UCA score and even showed highlights. And he gave all of the Gulf South Conference scores.

All of that was accomplished even before the other SEC scores were given.

Thank you, Channel 11. There are a lot of us out here interested in all of the Arkansas teams, not just the Razorbacks.

LINK

Rex also picks UCA to win this week - UCA 41, Southeastern Louisiana 36

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:55 am 
UserName Retired

Good. Maybe 11 figured out that since the horse they are riding is developing a limp there just might be some other horses to ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 pm 
All-Conference

Honey Bear wrote:
Good. Maybe 11 figured out that since the horse they are riding is developing a limp there just might be some other horses to ride.

Seems that the local sports jockeys are always looking to do a little horse tradin' around this time of year...