It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:12 pm 
UserName Retired

=D>

FWIW, Fumble=Football. Lost the ball=Basketball. :wink: He did call a good game , though. If we keep getting blown out, might have to get innovative and lie a little bit, or a lot, to make the game a little more interesting. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:43 pm 
UserName Retired

New basketball terms announcers can use to make a blowout game sound a little more interesting:

1. Turnover = old word
1. Clean pass to the opposition = new phrase

2. Airball = old word
2. solid pass = new phrase

3. block = old word
3. Nevels = new term

4. free throw = old term
4. turnover = new term

5. Change of possesion = old term
5. Charity = new word

Got any??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:49 pm 
UserName Retired

1.Timeout=old term
1.Butt chewing=new term

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:07 am 
Team Captain

King of the South wrote:

There were two big differences in that game yesterday – shot selection, and simply making plays.

UCA took too many shots early in the possession, looking for the quick strike – often on an ill-advised layup or off-balanced short-range jumper by penetrating guards.

They had some girls who could really create their own shot and could shoot it outside or can the mid-range J. And inside, particularly the Ekworomadu and Putnam girls, they were a load.

Arkansas kicked the living crap out of Bama yesterday, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Tide win the rematch later in the year. Maybe the Sugar Bears will have similar fortunes with the Bobcats.

I saw both the UTA and TxSt. games. Shot selection, I thought was actually better in the TxSt. game, but could still use some work. I too feel like the team needs to be more patient and run their offense. If not, just go "Loyola Marymount" and try for 110 points a game. The worst shot selection I saw though was last year vs. Ark. Tech at home. Panic set in and shots were going up from everywhere in the 2nd half. :shock:

2nd, I agree that we really don't have players that can create their own shot on new this level like UTA and TxSt. did. In the two games thus far, we not been able to do so and have been outsized and "outquicked" if there is such a word. Both teams had better inside games. They were just better than us. That's just the truth of the matter. However, I do think we will get better and the kids will continue to work hard.

And finally, there will be no rematch with either team. The Southland is set up where you play your side twice, but the other side only once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:09 am 
UserName Retired

bizzarobear wrote:
And finally, there will be no rematch with either team. The Southland is set up where you play your side twice, but the other side only once.

Good point...I forgot about that as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:17 am 
Two-Time All-American

Go Bears wrote:
Our sugar bears need some help-something is going on with that team and it shows when they are on the court. The street ball needs to quit and they need to start playing as a team. I think it has something to do with the coaching.....

Ya think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:50 am 
Two-Time All-American

bizzarobear wrote:

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I knew it was set up that way, like the SEC does it, but in my haste I forgot they were on the other side. Going from West to East just messes you up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:08 pm 
Team Captain

Quote:
Yeah, I'm an idiot. I knew it was set up that way, like the SEC does it, but in my haste I forgot they were on the other side. Going from West to East just messes you up.
[/quote]

No you're not. Lots of people don't remember how this thing is set up. Also, let's not forget volleyball also started off 0-2 in the Southland. Just check their schedule. The BB teams can bounce back (pun intended).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:17 pm 
UserName Retired

bizzarobear wrote:
The BB teams can bounce back

As Sam McCloud use to say -- there ya go!