It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SB's vs Harding Tonight
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:25 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

The 2-6 Sugar Bears host Harding who is 8-2 and won 5 in a row, tonight at 7 pm in the Farris Center.

Game will be on The Bear 91.3 with pregame beginning at 6:45 and on UCAsports.com if you can't make it out to support the girls tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:28 am 
Team Captain

This should be a good game. I am looking forward to it. I can't really say we should be favored by much. Harding has a solid team. I just hope we have more than 8 healthy players tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:29 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I'll get an injury report at some point today...but I dont think we'll have more than 8 going into tonight's game, if so, we'll only have 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:02 pm 
UserName Retired

bizzarobear wrote:
I can't really say we should be favored by much.

I can't really say we should even be favored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:03 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

we should be...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:19 pm 
Team Captain

I know we think we should be favored, but with the way we have gone so far and considering Harding's record, I'm not so sure. But that's why I am looking forward tonights game. You just don't walk in knowing who will win. (Yeah, CMU put a scare in the Bears but we all knew the guys would pull out a win in the end) That's the way a lot of non-conference home games tend to be around here during this transition period.

On the injuries, why is it we look (on paper) so beat up and the season has only just begun? :( I don't even think we were healthy as a team for game 1 vs. UMKC. Is this just one of those years? I hope not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:29 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

We havent been healthy all year long. We have not played with our entire roster this whole season. SB's lost Mariesha Piggee in the summer with an ACL injury. And SR Sharece Love still hasnt practiced one minute this season with some type of foot injury. Through the first four games we had what has been the full amount, to date, of 10 players dressed and seeing action. But since the ORU game, we have had at least one sit out for one reason or another injury related. It does seem to be one of those years as far as injuries goes. It magnifies it that much more, in my opinion, when you dont have experienced depth. Every game most of these girls are gaining their experience and confidence during the games, when normally you might have one or two more upper classmen to help bridge that gap.

As for tonight,we should be favored. Harding is a good normally fundamentally sound program,no doubt. HU is also playing very well right now, winners of 5 in a row, but I'd love to see their results against the schedule the SB's have had to face right now. I watched Harding play Saturday night, and if they play as poorly as they did vs. UNA and shoot as poorly from the outside as they did against a much bigger and more athletic team than themselves (like we are), we should win going away. Our record isnt great right now, we know that, but we havent been playing Sisters of the Poor, by any stretch of the imagination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:06 pm 
Team Captain

And the schedule will only get tougher with OK, OK St., Miami tournament etc.....Good news is that we will have a lot of experience back next year with everyone playing so much this year. I look forward to seeing this team develop through the course of this season. Good luck Sugar Bears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:40 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

yes, the schedule only get tougher. And quite frankly, besides the ones you named there, the SBs open SLC play vs. what I consider as the top 3 teams in the conference overall.

But if everyone will be patient with these girls, it will be ok! :lol:

Talk to you guys tonight if you listen. If not, GO to the game! Support these girls!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:22 pm 
UserName Retired

These girls are playing some good ball tonight!

8:40 Left in 1st
UCA 24
HU 17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:33 pm 
All-American

5:09 left

HU 28
UCA 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:33 pm 
All-American

HU 30
UCA 26

4:50 left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:34 pm 
UserName Retired

MontyR wrote:
5:09 left

HU 28
UCA 26

yeah, UCA getting frustrated and not playing like they were the first part of the game..

HU 32
UCA 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:34 pm 
All-American

HU 32
UCA 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:35 pm 
All-American

Harding on the move....timeout.