It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:33 pm 
All-American

Some notes for consideration....

largest margin of victory in an NCAA game is 102 points.

101 is the record for two division I teams.

SB's largest deficit...83

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:37 pm 
All-American

109-39 with 3:40 remaining....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:38 pm 
All-American

111-39...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:43 pm 
All-American

FINAL

OU 121
UCA 48

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:16 pm 
Team Captain

Yikes.
Oh well, live and learn. Thanks to Monty for the updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:56 pm 
Two-Time All-American

OU Women may be best team in NCAA...although Lady Vols beat them earlier this year..... they are the real deal......

GoSugarBears!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:51 am 
UserName Retired

Thanks for the update on the pretty coach Monty. Seems to have been the only highlight of the night. I think I'm starting to miss Ron. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:22 am 
Practice Squad

Sorry but to say the Sugar Bears played hard should be a given. Both the Bears and the Sugar Bears will take lumps now and again for a few years. The men, however, appear to be playing at a level above old division II and are recruiting at least competitive players for the step up. Sugar Bears, injuries and youth accepted, well, it is hard to say even that much with them. They have looked like an average DII team, if that, since day one. The women will play hard and hopefully jell in the relatively weak Southland - in which case this observer will be more than happy to eat these words. With relish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:53 am 
UserName Retired

Bear friends wrote:
Sorry but to say the Sugar Bears played hard should be a given. Both the Bears and the Sugar Bears will take lumps now and again for a few years. The men, however, appear to be playing at a level above old division II and are recruiting at least competitive players for the step up. Sugar Bears, injuries and youth accepted, well, it is hard to say even that much with them. They have looked like an average DII team, if that, since day one. The women will play hard and hopefully jell in the relatively weak Southland - in which case this observer will be more than happy to eat these words. With relish.

As for the SBs, the players are playing their butts off, they can't help what they are asked to do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:23 pm 
UserName Retired

From The Oklahoman

Records fall as OU rolls
Quote:
ORMAN — As if a historic whipping wasn't bad enough for Central Arkansas Thursday night, there was this reminder of where the school falls on the basketball food chain, even back home:

Oklahoma's Nyeshia Stevenson and Jenny Vining, who hail from The Natural State, outscored the Sugar Bears 18-11 — at the half.

Led by Stevenson and Vining and, well, everyone, the No. 9-ranked Sooners tied the most points scored in program history, rolling 121-48 before a crowd of 7,495 at Lloyd Noble Center.

Criticize if you want, but how to you think the Bears would fare against a Kansas or Memphis? I have been down on the SBs a little this season, but there's no way you could have expected much else from this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:28 pm 
Two-Time All-American

treyuca wrote:
From The Oklahoman

Records fall as OU rolls
Quote:
ORMAN — As if a historic whipping wasn't bad enough for Central Arkansas Thursday night, there was this reminder of where the school falls on the basketball food chain, even back home:

Oklahoma's Nyeshia Stevenson and Jenny Vining, who hail from The Natural State, outscored the Sugar Bears 18-11 — at the half.

Led by Stevenson and Vining and, well, everyone, the No. 9-ranked Sooners tied the most points scored in program history, rolling 121-48 before a crowd of 7,495 at Lloyd Noble Center.

Criticize if you want, but how to you think the Bears would fare against a Kansas or Memphis? I have been down on the SBs a little this season, but there's no way you could have expected much else from this game.

From this game, agreed.

Vs. UAPB and Harding, amoung others, different story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:44 pm 
UserName Retired

OK, I'm gonna play stupid here (pretty easy for me to do). Someone convince me what is good about this team so as to keep the faith up. On the other hand, someone convince me what is wrong with this team to where the faith is slipping.

Opinions are not convincing, btw. Let 'er rip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:20 pm 
UserName Retired

Honey Bear wrote:
OK, I'm gonna play stupid here (pretty easy for me to do). Someone convince me what is good about this team so as to keep the faith up. On the other hand, someone convince me what is wrong with this team to where the faith is slipping.

This team is VERY VERY young, but are pretty talented. Only 8 players dressed out due to injuries/illnesses. The only way left is up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:42 pm 
Practice Squad

I opened up the Tampa (FL) Tribune and this is what I saw:

OKLAHOMA 121, CEN. ARKANSAS 48: Courtney Paris recorded her 71st consecutive double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds and Oklahoma (8-2) tied its single-game scoring mark. Central Arkansas 2-8 suited up eight players, including four freshman and suffered its second-worst loss ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:07 pm 
UserName Retired

joshuca wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:

This team is VERY VERY young, but are pretty talented. Only 8 players dressed out due to injuries/illnesses. The only way left is up!

Thanks for your answer Josh. Our football team was also VERY VERY young but talented also this past year. However, CC found a way to utilize that talent, also with injuries, and had a very respectable season according to practically anyone you talk to. So are you saying that Checola is not utilizing her young but talented players to the best of their abilities? Why do we have so many young players at one time on this team? We had a lot of young players from last year that are no longer with us. Is there a reason for that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next