It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lady Techsters
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:23 pm 
Redshirt

I wouldn't rule the Techsters out so quick. We had to rebuild after the program was severly damaged for a few years. Now, TSpoon is Associate Head Coach, recruiting has brought in a great group, and the program is on the upswing.

We are guard heavy this year, but with GREAT guards that can pop it from anywhere on the floor. We do not have a dominant post, but have two forwards that are quick and will be tough to contain even with a height advantage. Next year, we already have verbals from two top post players to complete the picture.

I would expect a very difficult defense, quick as lightning guards, some full court pressure, forcing of turnovers, and a LOT of emotion.

The Lady Techsters will be back on the National scene very quickly. If not this year, next year. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:28 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

OK. Although I'm pretty sure no one is/was writing off the Lady Techsters, especially since the season hasnt even started yet...

I do appreciate the semi-scouting report. Sounds like your squad/system is what our new coach is trying to build here and triyng to rebuild a program of our own here.

Welcome to our board! See you on Friday night.

Post subject: Re: Lady Techsters
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:41 pm 
UserName Retired

champion110 wrote:
I would expect ... forcing of turnovers ...

This comment concern anyone else?

I don't know how much we'll learn about our team from this game, but I'm looking forward to seeing the progress made from this game/Hendrix to the final game of the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:48 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I think we cut down on the TO's in the 2nd half while we were focused and just playing. I think with us being a such a young team still this season, we will may continue to be prone to the TO bug off, and focus outages, off and on. It's just this year, we might be able to force some TOs as well on D now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:53 pm 
Redshirt

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
OK. Although I'm pretty sure no one is/was writing off the Lady Techsters, especially since the season hasnt even started yet...

I do appreciate the semi-scouting report. Sounds like your squad/system is what our new coach is trying to build here and triyng to rebuild a program of our own here.

Welcome to our board! See you on Friday night.

I was just reading the other thread and it appeared that some were thinking we were going to completely disappear from the national stage. Over the last few years, we have basically done that. Our last S16 was about 4 years ago. However, we are rebuilding a very strong team. Coach Long had to start from scratch after we were left with hardly anything when Coach Budke bolted to Oklahoma State. So, we have a lot of very young players. Sounds like you do, as well. Ours got some experience last year, though, as freshmen - except for a couple of newcomers this year.

We are pretty inpatient at Tech about the Techsters and have been very frustrated with the rebuilding. Teresa Weatherspoon brightened our day when she came back as Associate Head Coach. She has really energized the team, it appears.

We got our latest verbal for next year in the home of Karl Malone with the recruit sitting between him and TSpoon. Can't beat that for recruiting. It gives us all hope for a return to the top.

We certainly take no one lightly anymore, though. In some ways, it is more exciting now as we rebuild it all.

Post subject: Re: Lady Techsters
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:17 pm 
Redshirt

treyuca wrote:
champion110 wrote:
I would expect ... forcing of turnovers ...

This comment concern anyone else?

I don't know how much we'll learn about our team from this game, but I'm looking forward to seeing the progress made from this game/Hendrix to the final game of the season.

We will give you a good test of that. That is TSpoon's specialty and we will be looking for lots of fast breaks to overcome your size, I would think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:53 pm 
Two-Time All-American

SBs just need to go on the road and play good defense and not get sloppy.....I'm sure LTU will be ready to not lose a home game to a young team with a new coach......on the other hand, maybe we can catch them over-confident....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:35 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Champion,

What do you expect, crowd wise, on Friday night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:28 am 
Redshirt

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
Champion,

What do you expect, crowd wise, on Friday night?

Crowd will be down. School lets out Friday for Quarter break. I don't expect over 2000. We may not even have our Hoop Troop (band) there, but I could be wrong about that. Since we have a home football game the next day, I think the band will have to stay in town. Hopefully, many of the students will stick around, as well.

They are keeping all the dorms open until Sunday to encourage the students to stay the weekend, but historically, we have a tough time keeping students around when finals are over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:01 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I totally forgot you guys had the quarter system at Tech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:41 am 
Redshirt

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
I totally forgot you guys had the quarter system at Tech.

Yeah, I loved it when I was a student. Get those classes over and done quickly. Lot more intense, but worth it. The problem is that it hurts our attendance this time of the year.