It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:37 am 
Two-Time All-American

treyuca wrote:
UCABEARS75 wrote:
This must be some type of multi-event center for that kind of money.
UALR's arena is very, very nice. Functional and fan friendly with all the bells and whistles you would need. It seats 5,500 I think and cost around $22MM.
Beat me to it.

LOL, you are busy these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm 
All-Conference

As much as I would love to see us get a new basketball arena, you have to think that with the economic times are tough, that it may not happen for a while. However, I do like the idea of a major renovation to the Farris Center. Yes it would cost us $15 million, but if you want a new arena where would you exactly put it? Sooner or later, we need something to get done. Hopefully this will bring top notch recruiting talent to UCA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:56 am 
Team Captain

Don't know if it is entirely possible, but what about doing to the Farris Center's top rows what they did to the old gyms top rows and making classrooms out of them. You could put 3 classes on each side of the gym. Inexpensive solution to a new class facility. With a new wall about half way up the bleachers, that would cut capacity roughly in half right? Then, place about 4 rows of padded chairs in front of the bottom rows. And I am not talking about folding chairs on risers, I am talking about doing it right with permanent seating and NICE chairs. This would really add to the atmosphere since the current first rows are about 6 feet off of the floor and about 15 away from it. Get the students right behind the benches and see if that doesn't change some things. Works in Cameron Indoor. Just a thought.

Phil