It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SB's win in classroom as well...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:58 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=5&article=3431

SUGAR BEARS FINISH FALL WITH TEAM GPA ABOVE 3.0
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL • Dec 16, 2009

Riding a six-game winning streak, the Central Arkansas women’s basketball program scored another victory this week without even stepping onto the court.

With final grades in for the fall semester, the Sugar Bears finished the term with a team GPA of 3.03 to achieve one of the team’s major goals.

“I feel like it’s a win,” said second-year head coach Matt Daniel. “I’m really, really pleased and every bit as excited about that as any game we’ve won because that’s why they’re here. Basketball is just the avenue for them to get their education and sometimes you can lose sight of that, especially within the season. My favorite parts of the alphabet are As and Ws, and for us to see an increase in GPA and be over a 3.0 as a team while having some success on the floor makes me really pleased with where we’re headed.”...

Post subject: Re: SB's win in classroom as well...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:41 pm 
Practice Squad

Bear Fan 101 wrote:
http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=5&article=3431

SUGAR BEARS FINISH FALL WITH TEAM GPA ABOVE 3.0
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL • Dec 16, 2009

Riding a six-game winning streak, the Central Arkansas women’s basketball program scored another victory this week without even stepping onto the court.

With final grades in for the fall semester, the Sugar Bears finished the term with a team GPA of 3.03 to achieve one of the team’s major goals.

“I feel like it’s a win,” said second-year head coach Matt Daniel. “I’m really, really pleased and every bit as excited about that as any game we’ve won because that’s why they’re here. Basketball is just the avenue for them to get their education and sometimes you can lose sight of that, especially within the season. My favorite parts of the alphabet are As and Ws, and for us to see an increase in GPA and be over a 3.0 as a team while having some success on the floor makes me really pleased with where we’re headed.”...

Something tells me Coach Daniel is onto something...