It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 pm 
Practice Squad

Beary Manilow wrote:
I was pretty impressed overall with the pep band – both in terms of size (about 60 or so strong ... impressive) and quality. They make a big difference in terms of atmosphere – feels more like a collegiate sporting event. With their positioning right behind the opponent's 2nd-half basket, they've got the opportunity to have an impact. I particularly liked marching the horns down to the front to blast it at the opponent's huddle during the timeout. Nice touch.

My one gripe (well, two ... no band participation at all during the Zombie Nation in the second half Saturday. Pipe up, folks!) is that they just aren't there enough. It would be nice to see them before the season is half over. I know other schools have some sort of pep band at games from the beginning of the season. They might miss a few games over the break or whatever, but they don't just completely ignore basketball until the spring semester.

Thanks for the praise!

As for not showing up to the games until the Spring...it's just way too difficult to organize the rehearsals and game schedule during the last part of the fall semester. We're just winding down from football season and it seems that every ensemble has some kind of concert going on during that time, not to mention our Juries, which is a performance in front of the faculty in which we are graded for our progress on our instrument for the semester and it takes lots of preparation and practice.

We have a lot of rehearsals to do what we do and it's just a nightmare to make it work during the last few weeks of fall classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Always glad to have the band involved ...Purplse Rage is great.....thanks for the effort....