It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SugarBears take SLC East alone
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:07 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Lamar beat SFA 92-87 today to put SBs alone atop the SLC/East....thanks to Cardinals....

Congrats to SugarBears.....now to hold on and go strong to the finish....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:32 pm 
All-Conference

YES!!!!!! Our chances for winning at least our side of the conference just got better and better. GO SUGAR BEARS!!!! :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 am 
Team Captain

These girls are such a credit to the University! Not only are the winning games, they go to class, they make good grades, they smile and are pleasant to be around, they are not jealous of each other (good coaching, Matt) they represent UCA in a positive, productive way in every facet of their student life. I would encourage each of you to get to know these young ladies, being around them in any setting will brighten your day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:50 pm 
Practice Squad

old bear wrote:
These girls are such a credit to the University! Not only are the winning games, they go to class, they make good grades, they smile and are pleasant to be around, they are not jealous of each other (good coaching, Matt) they represent UCA in a positive, productive way in every facet of their student life. I would encourage each of you to get to know these young ladies, being around them in any setting will brighten your day.

I'm jealous of you about the face-to-face time, but via Facebook, they seem like a great group of girls!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:40 pm 
Team Captain

Introduce yourself to Coach Daniel and tell him you would like to meet his team. He believes in building a fan base one fan at a time. Or hang out on the floor after the game and introduce yourself to them after the game. They really are great young people, full of life and fun and confidence. I think the folks on this Blog should offer to throw a nice banquet for them at the end of their season. It would be great for the girls and we could all meet each other in person rather than cyberspace. I am in on the banquet, what about it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:13 am 
UserName Retired

Quote:
I think the folks on this Blog should offer to throw a nice banquet for them at the end of their season.

This could be doable but some questions arise. If it's an on-campus event then Aramark does the cooking. They charge a minimum of about $15/head for a mediocre meal. The fancier the meal, the higher the cost. Would have to rent a room somewhere that would probably run anywhere from a hundred to two hundred dollars. Exactly how many people would be invited, free of charge, and who would be invited at a cost to themselves?

Anyone else have questions that might arise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 am 
Team Captain

I'd like to meet the team,but I'm afraid I would seem a little corny,as I'm really proud of 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

I'm around them enough already as it is, I really dont want to have to eat with them too!
(if any one of you takes the above comment serious for a split second, then you ought to be banned for a month, at least!)

You guys really wont believe how much fun they are to be around and to travel with. This season, to this point, has been a fantastic experience with this group. Here's hoping to a great finish to the year as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm 
All-Conference

I would love to see a Sugar Bear basketball road game. That would be cool. I am going to put that down on my to do list for next year and years beyond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:57 pm 
Team Captain

Honey Bear: If it is ok with Coach Daniel, we could have it at Centennial Valley in their new banquet facility. Invite all Bear Fans, have a program, let the coach present some team awards, hopefully some championship rings and let everyone get to know the girls better. Everyone could sit, have plenty of parking, and I think I can get us a nice break on cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:42 pm 
Two-Time All-American

old bear wrote:
Honey Bear: If it is ok with Coach Daniel, we could have it at Centennial Valley in their new banquet facility. Invite all Bear Fans, have a program, let the coach present some team awards, hopefully some championship rings and let everyone get to know the girls better. Everyone could sit, have plenty of parking, and I think I can get us a nice break on cost.

I think that's all a great idea, especially the awards and stuff. We, as a fanbase, really need to do a better job of rewarding what's good with our programs and student-athletes instead of taking it largely for granted and focusing more on the negative. Sometimes it feels like one team's struggles gets more reaction than another's success.

It's nice, at the end of a season, to have some reward and a final wrap-up of sorts, instead of just playing your last game and fading away for eight months.

And I think by doing something like what's proposed, you build the relationship on two fronts. The team has a better appreciation for its fans and can get to know some of them as more than faces in the stands, and at the same time gets the fans more engaged with the team and more bought in to what's going on. I've always been a big proponent of humanizing things as much as possible and adding a personal element – everybody feels more strongly about it when there's a real connection and it makes the UCA experience better for everybody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:50 pm 
Two-Time All-American

I'll pitch in some cash for the event to happen...Heck I think we can make this happen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Quote:
I think the folks on this Blog should offer to throw a nice banquet for them at the end of their season.

I'm in at least for a donation, never know about my travel.....how about an end of year all-teams celebration?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:51 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

BearsFan52 wrote:
.....how about an end of year all-teams celebration?

There is already an all-sports banquet every spring, held near the end of the semester, in the UCA Student Center (or at least it has been) for all the athletics programs and their student-athletes, if I'm not mistaken. That is usually when the team GPA awards and the Male and Female Athletes of the Year are announced.

But, I'm all in favor of a Sugar Bear Banquet, why not :!:

Last edited by Bear Fan 101 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:54 am 
Two-Time All-American

BearsFan52 wrote:
Quote:

I'm in at least for a donation, never know about my travel.....how about an end of year all-teams celebration?

Make contributions through the Purple Circle Club/Foundation. Funds are used to enhance all sports, or you could designate for end of year banquet, etc.