It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UCA v HBU
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:30 pm 
UserName Retired

After leading 44-15(!!!) at the half, the Sugarbears go on to beat HBU 83-50! Congrats ladies!!

Post subject: Re: UCA v HBU
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:22 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Houston Baptist win was much needed, and we came out from start to finish with a different mindset.

This was a COMPLETELY different looking group of Sugar Bears from Friday night to Sunday, there's no doubt about it. Saturday they even looked better despite the close OT loss. But this is a team still striving to come together and define, accept, and excel in roles. They are a work in progress (CMD will even tell you that), and will continue to be. But they definitely did a lot of growing and maturing over the course of the weekend. Now we get to spend some quality time at home in the FC for the next several weeks, minus one road game at UAPB in December. Hope to see you out at the FC on Saturday afternoon, and then next Monday night, the SB's owe the 2 Nashville schools some payback!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:25 pm 
UserName Retired

BF, the phrase "team chemistry" has popped up a couple of times on here and in tailgate "discussions" about something being worked on with this year's team.It was pretty evident with last year's squad that the chemistry was pretty thick amongst the players and we all saw where that got us. When the signing period began and some of the transfers were signed questions arose about that chemistry being upset, somewhat.

I'm assuming Matt thought it was worth sacrificing some of that chemistry at the start of this season to get some players with experience and to provide some depth. You know the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I figure Matt knew it could be a gamble to do so but I think the guy has a sixth sense when knowing what he is doing. I hope the new girls will inherit the attitude of "team first" and individualism second. This was so impressive to me about the girls last year. That doesn't always come along very often, and sometimes doesn't last very often either.

Here's to the new girls finding themselves with the attitude of wanting to become part of that team chemistry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:33 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

Team chemistry will always be a question mark at the beginning of every year with any team or program, even if they return everyone, like this squad did. Anytime you sign players you are going to upset the apple cart in a way, but in order for your program to grow, mature, and continue to be stable, you have to. Kind of like next year with CCC's football team returning 17 starters, that means 4 new ones have to come from somewhere, and they will have to find their place and role in the mix.

Over the course of last weekend (after Friday night's loss) we saw some of that growing and gelling, its just natural. I'd be, or might be, more concerned if this is still going on in the beginning to middle of SLC play, but I think things are starting to settle in now.