It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UCA vs McNeese
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:30 am 
UserName Retired

UCA (12-7, 4-2) host McNeese State (14-5, 6-0) at 2:00 pm on Saturday in the Farris Center. McNeese sits alone atop the SLC standings with a perfect 6-0 conference record. Earlier, they have handed Lamar their lone conference loss of the season. This is going to be a great game, and these girls deserve our support in the stands! See you there!

GO SUGARBEARS!!

Cowgirls Are The Only Undefeated Team In The Southland Conference

Quote:
With their 72-71 road win at Nicholls State and a 70-63 Sam Houston State loss at Stephen F. Austin Wednesday night, McNeeese State's women's basketball team is now the only undefeated team in the Southland Conference with a 6-0 record. The Cowgirls are 14-5 overall, doubling their wins from last season. The win extended McNeese's winning streak to seven game and the Cowgirls have now won 12 of their last 14 games.

The Cowgirls have remained undefeated in conference play with five of their six wins coming on the road. No other conference team has played more than three SLC road games so far and the Cowgirls are the only team to play three consecutive SLC games on the road.

The road schedule doesn't get any easier as the Cowgirls have two more consecutive road games, making that seven of their first eight conference games being played on the road this season.
The Cowgirls will travel to Central Arkansas Saturday for a 2 p.m. game. The game is the first game of a doubleheader with the Cowboys. McNeese will play at Sam Houston State next Wednesday before returning home Feb. 5 to host Stephen F. Austin with that game being played at the Lake Charles Civic Center.

Saturday's game will pit the league's top defensive team in McNeese against the league's best field goal shooting team in Central Arkansas. The Cowgirls are holding their opponents to 56.4 ppg. and also lead the league in scoring margin, outscoring their opponents by 13.9 ppg. and are the league's top free throw shooting team with a 72.9 percent.

Post subject: Re: UCA vs McNeese
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:35 pm 
All-Conference

I am there for sure. Got my tickets and I will be ready. By the way, Josh, you said "see you there", so are you really going to be there, for real? If you are great, looking forward to seeing you and my favorite people in the world at the Farris Center!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 pm 
UserName Retired

Yep. I'll be there E-rod.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:31 pm 
UserName Retired

I feel like I'm in a timewarp...thought I read ERODs statement somewhere else... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:44 pm 
UserName Retired

OMG WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:49 pm 
UserName Retired

OT....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:03 pm 
UserName Retired

SUGARBEARS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! 74-73!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 pm 
UserName Retired

joshuca wrote:
OMG WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it was. Saw several of you fellas there. I think Steveo said the crowd was 1077 for the game. Let me be blunt - the coaches for the visitors (all five or six) were the bitchiness, whiniest, moaningest coaches I've ever seen. They practically complained, excessively I might add, about any call against the Cowgirls. The lady ref, well, I'll be nice and just say she was gawdawful. She definitely ran the show of the three refs calling the game.

But the game is about the girls and the girls had plenty of game today. Turnovers were low and the hustle was great. Our offensive rebounding could have been a little better but all-in-all the girls did a fantastic job of putting an L in the Cowgirls conference record.

Congrats to the girls and coaching staff for a 100% effort today! =D>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 pm 
UserName Retired

Hey HB,

Great game! As for the McNeese coaches you know what they say...the squeak wheel... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:00 pm 
All-Conference

That was a fun game! I don't know how many times I was very close to walk across the court after the refs made stupid calls. I am so glad BC had my back. Glad we won! Very excited.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2011/1/29/WBB_0129112129.aspx

SUGAR BEARS KNOCK OFF LEAGUE-LEADING COWGIRLS IN OVERTIME
1/29/2011 5:19:28 PM

CONWAY — For the second straight season the last remaining unbeaten in Southland Conference play came into the Farris Center looking to extend its lead in the league race. For the second straight season, they left disappointed.

Megan Herbert scored on a putback off a Courtney Duever shot with 13 seconds left, then Central Arkansas clamped down on defense and McNeese State's last-second shot attempt wouldn't fall as the Sugar Bears knocked off the Cowgirls 74-73 in overtime to deal McNeese its first Southland loss of the season.

"That's a big-time win against a big-time team," said UCA head coach Matt Daniel. "They do a great job, they're well coached, play with a purpose and they're rough. They're warriors. But we were fortunate enough to come out with a win today. We got a stop when we needed one, got a bucket when we needed one and I'm just real proud of the kids' effort."...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

http://thecabin.net/sports/college/2011-01-29/bounce-goes-sugar-bears%E2%80%99-way-74-73-ot-win

Bounce goes Sugar Bears’ way in 74-73 OT win
Posted: January 29, 2011 - 9:14pm
By David McCollum

In a frantic exchange of twist and turns and crazy bounces of the basketball, the last spin and the final bounce went the way of the University of Central Arkansas Sugar Bears on Saturday.

As a result the Sugar Bears (13-7, 5-2) ended McNeese State’s seven-game winning streak and gave the final undefeated team in Southland Conference women’s play a blemish with a 74-73 overtime win at the Farris Center.

The difference was one errant shot, which was like the tiniest bit of wrong english on a billiard ball...