It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SBs v. UTMartin 12.10.11
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:29 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

It was a great game, between two fairly evenly matched teams, I thought. I liked the atmosphere in the FC Saturday as well, just under 1000 in attendance. I may've liked to have seen a few more in there, but with finals coming up, the holiday season, etc, I'll take 971 because they were into it, especially int he 2nd half and OT.

I thought our D was much, much better from opening tip to the final horn than it had been the last few games, and it needed to be, those 2 guards from UTM were as advertised. The girls found a way to hang in and stay within striking distance until Megan took over and we found a way to make the zone defense pay consistently. Our FT shooting was key too, obviously. Its no secret we've struggled a little bit as a team, but we needed every last one of the FT's to go in Saturday and they did! Hopefully that was the turnaround.

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2011/12/10/WBB_1210110149.aspx
Quote:
HERBERT FUELS 2ND-HALF COMEBACK, SUGAR BEARS CLIP SKYHAWKS IN OT
12/10/2011 6:57:00 PM

CONWAY — With under eight minutes to go on Saturday, UT Martin looked to be on its way to a big road win at Central Arkansas as the Skyhawks had a 10 point lead.

But they did not have Megan Herbert.

The junior forward had 15 points, five rebounds and three blocks in the second half and orchestrated a big run down the stretch to help force overtime, where the Sugar Bears jumped ahead and held on for a 69-65 win over the Skyhawks.

"That was a great win against a great team," said UCA head coach Matt Daniel, who coached his 100th game at the school. "They are hard-nosed and hard-fought and we're fortunate to get out of here with a win today. But it sure feels good to be 7-2."

With the Sugar Bears (7-2) facing their biggest home deficit of the season, Herbert – who finished with 27 points, 14 rebounds and a career-high four blocks – scored nine straight points for UCA and 13 of 16 as the team went on an 18-6 run to take a lead in the final minutes before the Skyhawks (4-5) hit a pair of free throws with 1:09 left to ultimately force overtime...