It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: TAMCC at UCA, 3/3/12
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:00 am 
UserName Retired

Democrat Gazzette writer this week:

"story compiled by democrat gazette staff from news wire services"

Are you joking me? :roll: Don't they have someone to cover an NCAA Division I championship? Don't we have a marketing department that should have written something for a STATEWIDE newspaper? :twisted: In the journalism business we call the above writer...a joke and the story "fill". I know we aren't going to get the respect we deserve statewide if not only does the statewide paper not care enough to write something but our own marketing dept. doesn't either. Maybe we need a marketing AND PR dept. I'm glad the local paper wrote something, but we have to be more than just a local team. I think it's time I volunteered my services to get the news out statewide. :evil: What great stories this team holds...and what a great accomplishment! =D>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:20 am 
Two-Time All-American

Just out of curiosity...who are the two young men in on the left in the team
photo after the game?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:27 am 
Two-Time All-American

BearCountry wrote:
Democrat Gazzette writer this week:

"story compiled by democrat gazette staff from news wire services"

Are you joking me? :roll: Don't they have someone to cover an NCAA Division I championship? Don't we have a marketing department that should have written something for a STATEWIDE newspaper? :twisted: In the journalism business we call the above writer...a joke and the story "fill". I know we aren't going to get the respect we deserve statewide if not only does the statewide paper not care enough to write something but our own marketing dept. doesn't either. Maybe we need a marketing AND PR dept. I'm glad the local paper wrote something, but we have to be more than just a local team. I think it's time I volunteered my services to get the news out statewide. :evil: What great stories this team holds...and what a great accomplishment! =D>

The ADG is a horrible excuse for a state paper. There were no articles about
the Sugar Bears all week...after securing a tie for the championship or leading
up to the final home game. Nothing, Zero, Nada.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am 
UserName Retired

FOOT84 wrote:
Just out of curiosity...who are the two young men in on the left in the team
photo after the game?

Ball boys that coach really loves as part of the team. If you watch before and at half time you'll see them run the balls out to the girls of both teams. They're great kids! =D>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:12 pm 
Team Captain

BearCountry wrote:
Via bradley widding on facebook ! Thanks BW!

BTW, the pic of the trophy beside the net makes a GREAT wallpaper. Congrats ladies!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:32 pm 
All-Conference

Quote:
Maybe we need a marketing AND PR dept. I'm glad the local paper wrote something, but we have to be more than just a local team. I think it's time I volunteered my services to get the news out statewide.

the "PR" department is doing fine. So shut up. They put out six women's basketball stories in five days from Feb. 28-Mar. 3 They send everything to the papers, ap and tv stations...what those entities chose to run is beyond UCA's control.

I don't know what the hell else you want. Bitch at the paper.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:41 pm 
UserName Retired

SID puts out plenty and will even write the copy...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:38 pm 
UserName Retired

BadNewsBear wrote:
Quote:
Maybe we need a marketing AND PR dept. I'm glad the local paper wrote something, but we have to be more than just a local team. I think it's time I volunteered my services to get the news out statewide.

the "PR" department is doing fine. So shut up. They put out six women's basketball stories in five days from Feb. 28-Mar. 3 They send everything to the papers, ap and tv stations...what those entities chose to run is beyond UCA's control.

I don't know what the hell else you want. Bitch at the paper.

If you're so in the know, why don't you tell us, the average fans, what they are doing from time to time instead of making immature comments. You ever think we might not know and may be frustrated as you are? As for the shut up comment, you're gonna have to make me do that yourself. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 pm 
All-Conference

all you have to do is check ucasports.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 pm 
UserName Retired

BadNewsBear wrote:
all you have to do is check ucasports.com

Yeah that's what I figured. :roll:
I've talked to several media outlet individuals and they all gave the same old line "if someone would keep us up to date" line that you say is bullcrap because UCA is sending them stuff. Ok...great....now it appears not only are we unimportant but we're so freakin' unimportant that even with us sending them stuff they still won't print or broadcast our successes. Hey, at least we've moved up the food chain from just a box score to a couple of paragraphs if we win a division I conference championship. :problem: #-o

But then again, it took a 10 win season AND a hiring of Gus to get pub for ASU... so maybe you're right. :lol:

Please. The media in this state is so freakin backwards. I'm starting a fund to hire DHS to cover the Bears/Sugar Bears. There's someone with fire in the belly. With DHS in our pocket, everytime JW farts it'll be covered on the front page of the Sports page...but only after that troll gets the claws on that shrimp boy editor. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:38 pm 
UserName Retired

This is high school basketball tourney season....that takes whatever space is not otherwise dedicated ...then a series on SEC baseball.....followed by spring football coverage....then football preseason and then you are back to SEC and high school football....really not much space for anything else....this is all laid out week by week....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 am 
UserName Retired

Nevermind...they wanted me not to care..they got it. Screw it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:36 am 
UserName Retired

Not to make you guys feel even worse about yourselves...
I follow Jeremy Muck on Twitter. He's currently back home (in Washington I think) for his mother's memorial service. She died last month.

Sure, you can argue that the ADG still should have sent someone else. But, it's always easier to jump out and criticize and then be able to later have the you didn't know all the facts excuse.Luckily - for you guys - nobody called him out specifically. Or you'd look even more crazy.

At some point, don't you just get tired of crying about the lack of coverage on here? If you want to complain, go to the sources. Call Teague with your suggestions on how to promote from within the marketing department. Call the ADG publisher with your complaints on lack of coverage. There's just no point bringing it up on here over and over. We all know how the system works.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am 
UserName Retired

Yeah, I've emailed ole Wally a couple of times about our lack of coverage and basically what I get back is "it's all about column space". :roll: Somehow, someway, the people at this university need to figure out a way to put the heat on some of these media outlets to get more print and corporations (Wal-Mart and Tyson's inparticular) to try and get some big bucks out of them.

There are thousands of Bear fans that read the ADG and support their advertisers and pratically all of us have shopped at Wal-Mart and eaten Tyson's birds. When these two businesses are plastered all over Razorback's "stuff" I just don't see where the justice is in the treatment of UCA.

It would be nice to know just how much pressure is put on these two corporations of Arkansas to obtain more funds for a school whose alumni and students have been a rather substantial piece of the pie in their success in the business world.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 am 
UserName Retired

Thank you HB. I've contacted Wally too. I've talked to radio guys and ASN etc. I'm sure many of us have contacted those who control the media or the news and still nothing is done. I guess Trey that this board is an outlet for our frustrations but I agree with you that after so long it gets old...kind of like the ASU vs. UAF game argument. But it's hard not to. :lol: That's why I posted above that I give up. I can't see an average citizen like me putting pressure on Tyson or Wal-Mart to get them to put pressure on the media to cover us more so essentially it's a lost cause. I'll just go enjoy the games and cheer for the kids, forget the much deserved ovations they deserve in the media. Go Bears and Sugar Bears! =D>