It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recruit Fallout
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:08 am 
UserName Retired

Waldron’s Brown rescinds offer with Central Arkansas

Quote:
Payton Brown announced to the world Tuesday he was not officially bound for the University of Central Arkansas anymore.

But that didn’t slow his ambition when it came to adding to his monster season. The Bulldogs’ senior scored 42 points in the team’s 73-50 win over Cedarville.

Brown rescinded his UCA offer following word that the Bears and coach Russ Pennell had agreed to part ways. Anthony Boone, who had replaced Perrin on an interim basis last month, will coach the team the rest of the season on an interim basis.

Post subject: Re: Recruit Fallout
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:55 pm 
All-Conference

What a poorly worded headline (and the article's not much better). If I'm not mistaken, UCA made the offer, so it's not Mr. Brown's to rescind. Assuming he previously accepted the offer, so he certainly could rescind his acceptance. Perhaps de-commit would have been a better term.

Sorry, sometimes I just have to be the grammar geek.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:20 pm 
Redshirt

Payton Brown kid has been showing some impressive numbers this season... heard SFA went and saw him last week. Even heard some other higher mid majors have interest. Kid tweets a lot so if you want to see more he's putting it out there

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:55 am 
UserName Retired

Koval has entered the transfer portal:

C
Hayden Koval
JR
7-0
220 Central Arkansas

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2020

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:29 pm 
UserName Retired

Not surprised. Sad to see him go, but not surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:50 pm 
All-Conference

BearCountry wrote:
Koval has entered the transfer portal:

C
Hayden Koval
JR
7-0
220 Central Arkansas

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2020

Where does he think he can go?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:59 pm 
Two-Time All-American

Chilax everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:09 pm 
Redshirt

Just saw on twitter... looks liked he announced a few days ago...

@brownpay10
I would like to Thank god & everyone that has Supported me Family, Friends Coaches & The Bulldog Community. With that being said after talking with the Coaching Staff at UAFS. I would like to announce my Commitment to be a UAFS Lion Lion face & to further my Academics,Basketball Career!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:40 pm 
UserName Retired

FaulknerFrank wrote:
Just saw on twitter... looks liked he announced a few days ago...

@brownpay10
I would like to Thank god & everyone that has Supported me Family, Friends Coaches & The Bulldog Community. With that being said after talking with the Coaching Staff at UAFS. I would like to announce my Commitment to be a UAFS Lion Lion face & to further my Academics,Basketball Career!

Good for him. Wish him the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:50 pm 
All-Conference

https://uncgspartans.com/news/2020/4/20 ... koval.aspx

Well guess Hayden Koval found a home. Wish him the best. Seems like a really good team to transfer into.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:27 am 
Practice Squad

Mulerider wrote:
https://uncgspartans.com/news/2020/4/20/uncg-mens-basketball-signs-transfer-hayden-koval.aspx

Well guess Hayden Koval found a home. Wish him the best. Seems like a really good team to transfer into.

Heard from a reliable source that the young man is learning, he is not the big man on campus. UNG had their big man pull out of the NBA grouping like the Joe kid did at Arkansas.

Word is the program is strong and his minutes could only be 16-18 possibly and physically weak against the players he is going against... This was a bad chess move if that is the case.

Question _ senior year and established - "Why leave a good thing at UCA?" Ask your self that question. Was it the players around him or the coaching staff in place and lost all confidence to leave after three years.

My sources around town ___ both.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:42 pm 
All-Conference

Toadsuckhoops wrote:
Mulerider wrote:
https://uncgspartans.com/news/2020/4/20/uncg-mens-basketball-signs-transfer-hayden-koval.aspx

Heard from a reliable source that the young man is learning, he is not the big man on campus. UNG had their big man pull out of the NBA grouping like the Joe kid did at Arkansas.

Word is the program is strong and his minutes could only be 16-18 possibly and physically weak against the players he is going against... This was a bad chess move if that is the case.

Question _ senior year and established - "Why leave a good thing at UCA?" Ask your self that question. Was it the players around him or the coaching staff in place and lost all confidence to leave after three years.

My sources around town ___ both.

I guess my thing is that I could have seen him transfer to a high level D2 possibly, but trying to go to another D1 school from UCA I don't get it. Maybe he had family in the area, or maybe wanted to graduate from that school for theology purposes. Regardless wish him the best, but may be a tough year for him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:28 am 
Practice Squad

Reading the last post __ Koval graduated in May in Business and was told through water cooler conversations tied to UCA athletics, the turmoil of the Pennell departure and how the season ended, probably had enough.

I researched this and also find interesting _ his former prep school where he came from has players on the UNC roster. Plus, UNCG won 23 games and favorite to win SOCON which means, winning cures negativity and a shot at March Madness. Plus, may help him for shot to play following year overseas.

UCA be real will be a 10th-13th ranking preseason and finish right there in 2020-21 season.

Cant wait till football ___ NO one cares about hoops because UCA management just wants the paycheck games and winning is secondary.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:23 pm 
All-Conference

Toadsuckhoops wrote:
Reading the last post __ Koval graduated in May in Business and was told through water cooler conversations tied to UCA athletics, the turmoil of the Pennell departure and how the season ended, probably had enough.

I researched this and also find interesting _ his former prep school where he came from has players on the UNC roster. Plus, UNCG won 23 games and favorite to win SOCON which means, winning cures negativity and a shot at March Madness. Plus, may help him for shot to play following year overseas.

UCA be real will be a 10th-13th ranking preseason and finish right there in 2020-21 season.

Cant wait till football ___ NO one cares about hoops because UCA management just wants the paycheck games and winning is secondary.

It is just awful that we don't have an AD that cares two hoots about mens basketball. We use to have success in the mens game, but you have to go all the way back to the Don Dyer years to find it. Like I said in an earlier post, that department is using mens basketball to raise money to fund the minor athletic programs. I use to attend all of the home games and a good portion of the road games dating back to the NAIA years. That department is making it REAL hard to follow mens basketball and I just hate that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:28 am 
All-Conference

I thought Pennell was a good hire, and he had a good recruiting assistant. I didn't realize that Pennell didn't believe in playing defense.

The facilities are the worst in division 1. The Farris Center is a dinosaur and an eye-sore. Build a 2k - 3k seat arena and give the basketball program a fighting chance.