It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:10 pm 
UserName Retired

Heck, I'll be happy with 1,500 for games! During my time at UCA ('01-'05), I can only remember a few games where there were even close to 3,000 people. I fear that until a really heated rivalry starts or the students/community realizes that, hey UCA is playing DI Basketball, the attendance will remain pitiful! It is horrible to have a supposed 5,500 seat BBall arena that has only 1,000 people in it! I sure hope that I am wrong and our attendance does increase greatly!! I can remember how loud that place was with close to 3,000 people, I can't wait to hear it with 5,000+...it would be deafening!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:54 am 
Team Captain

Quote:
I fear that until a really heated rivalry starts or the students/community realizes that, hey UCA is playing DI Basketball, the attendance will remain pitiful! It is horrible to have a supposed 5,500 seat BBall arena that has only 1,000 people in it!

Now I know why volleyball likes the Prince Center and doesn't want to play in the Ferris Center. 200+ people show up for them and its a real home court advantage. I wish/hope more people will come out this year for basketball. Nothing like a full house.

Also, I guess I'm not the only one not hearing promo spots on the radio for basketball. If I'm wrong, please tell me. Do you hear them? I think Rand and his foot stomp would make an excellent radio spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:01 am 
UserName Retired

bizzarobear wrote:
Also, I guess I'm not the only one not hearing promo spots on the radio for basketball. If I'm wrong, please tell me. Do you hear them? I think Rand and his foot stomp would make an excellent radio spot.

LOL...that would be pretty cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:46 pm 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

bizzarobear wrote:

depends on which radio stations you are listeneing to. :wink: Because I know of at least one station that does.

Although I don't think I've heard any pre-recorded commericals or spots, which is what I really think you are likely referring to in your comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:12 pm 
Team Captain

That's good to know about the radio spots. Now if we can just get more students to the games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:00 am 
UserName Retired

Quote:
BOWLING GREEN — As Bowling Green State University’s game last Saturday wound down, it seemed evident to everyone in the gym that the Falcons had underestimated their opponent. Central Arkansas played with poise the entire contest and led for most of it. That, plus the Bears’ talent, resulted in a loss for BGSU.

At the end, coach Dan Dakich said he saw it coming. What caught him off guard was a few days later, when a couple of players approached him and admitted their overconfidence against the new Division I team.

“I’ve never had players before admit to me, ‘Coach, we thought we were really good,’” Dakich said. “A couple guys admitted, ‘Coach, we didn’t take them as seriously.’ That’s a battle we shouldn’t have to fight given our record.”
LINK