It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:25 am 
UserName Retired

Texas Terror wrote:
What are these I-A teams your talking about in basketball? There's no I-A or I-AA in basketball. There's major and mid-major, but there's even a blurred line there...

I knew that already. I do appreciate you correcting me with your distinctive definitions of NCAA "new names of athletic classifications for this year but it will probably be something else next year" interpretation. It is sometimes hard to teach an old dog a new ruling. :wink:

BTW, you going to the Sugar Bowl? Who you picking? One last one, aren't all the head coaching jobs in the SLC filled now?

Happy New Year to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:42 pm 
All-Conference

Honey Bear wrote:
I knew that already. I do appreciate you correcting me with your distinctive definitions of NCAA "new names of athletic classifications for this year but it will probably be something else next year" interpretation. It is sometimes hard to teach an old dog a new ruling. :wink:

Hey, it's what I do, though there were never Div I-A/I-AA distinctions in the world of basketball, regardless of what coaches would use against mid-majors like ours come recruiting...

Honey Bear wrote:
BTW, you going to the Sugar Bowl? Who you picking?

LSU. Not going to the Sugar Bowl this year. I would love to go to the Bayou Classic next year though, to cover it for CollegeSportingNews.com...

Honey Bear wrote:
One last one, aren't all the head coaching jobs in the SLC filled now?

SELA and SFA were the only to vacancies after McNeese named their interim as HC. Both are filled. The most intriguing opening in the region is Grambling, who may hire the NWST OC...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:27 pm 
UserName Retired

TT wrote:
I would love to go to the Bayou Classic next year though, to cover it for CollegeSportingNews.com...

Would you be there to cover the ballgame or the battle of the bands at halftime? Sometimes that is the better competition.

TT wrote:
The most intriguing opening in the region is Grambling, who may hire the NWST OC...

I was home for the holidays in Monroe and got to catch up on the Grambling situation. They went from the penthouse to the outhouse pretty quick. Looks as though the guy from NW St. could be a good hire. I guess Eddie is to Grambling what Bear is to Bama. Hard to replace the legends!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:01 pm 
All-Conference

Honey Bear wrote:
Would you be there to cover the ballgame or the battle of the bands at halftime? Sometimes that is the better competition.

The whole thing I'd hope! The atmosphere. The excitement. The tradition. I'd want to cover it as someone completely new to the experience...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:08 pm 
Redshirt

good win guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:40 pm 
Two-Time All-American

WOW!!! Glad to hear that the Bears Bucknell...I don't care if their not that hot this year but they still have 5 players that played against Arkansas last year and we beat'em!!! GO BEARS!!