It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:15 pm 
UserName Retired

we also had 26 turnovers in the Sugarbear's game... :oops:
about the attendance...I forgot that UCA is still out on Christmas Break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:06 am 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:

I'm not sure just how exponential the growth is going to be once school is back in session, since the games are all on Thursdays (party night) and Saturdays (obvious). And, it's going to be harder for fans to get into a rhythm of going since a team plays two home games in three days and then you don't see them again for two weeks. If you go to both men's and women's games then you'll have something every week ... but I'm sure there are some people who are only interested in one or the other.

You could always count on Harding and Tech to bring a good crowd, and even Henderson would have some. I wouldn't expect to see anything rivaling that from our Southland brethren. So ... I wouldn't be surprised if attendance actually dips this year. Hopefully with being D-I, in time that'll change and people will get excited about the programs and make a couple hours of their Thursday and/or Saturday nights part of the plans instead of either disregarding the games or feeling like they're sacrificing something to go.

I've always been an ardent supporter of bringing the party to the game, but I guess only time will tell how many people will buy into that for hoops as they did football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:58 am 
UserName Retired

King of the South wrote:
joshuca wrote:

I'm not sure just how exponential the growth is going to be once school is back in session, since the games are all on Thursdays (party night) and Saturdays (obvious). And, it's going to be harder for fans to get into a rhythm of going since a team plays two home games in three days and then you don't see them again for two weeks. If you go to both men's and women's games then you'll have something every week ... but I'm sure there are some people who are only interested in one or the other.

You could always count on Harding and Tech to bring a good crowd, and even Henderson would have some. I wouldn't expect to see anything rivaling that from our Southland brethren. So ... I wouldn't be surprised if attendance actually dips this year. Hopefully with being D-I, in time that'll change and people will get excited about the programs and make a couple hours of their Thursday and/or Saturday nights part of the plans instead of either disregarding the games or feeling like they're sacrificing something to go.

I've always been an ardent supporter of bringing the party to the game, but I guess only time will tell how many people will buy into that for hoops as they did football.

Good points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:13 am 
UserName Retired

Quick question to SBFan101...I was looking at the box score for their game yesterday and noticed that there was a TEAM technical foul against UCA...what does that mean and what happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:17 am 
UCAFANS.COM Recruiter

apparently one of our coaches got T'd up for nothing more than slamming the clipboard down after a couple of questionable calls in the early going right in front of our bench. Later in the game they had a coach toss one behind their bench and nothing was done about that. But that is what it means, long story short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:22 am 
UserName Retired

(Sugar)Bear Fan 101 wrote:
apparently one of our coaches got T'd up for nothing more than slamming the clipboard down after a couple of questionable calls in the early going right in front of our bench. Later in the game they had a coach toss one behind their bench and nothing was done about that. But that is what it means, long story short.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:30 pm 
Two-Time All-American

King of the South wrote:
joshuca wrote:

It is not the partying that interferes with students attending the game. Game times are much earlier than the "college" party time. Students have just not bought into the basketball programs yet. I think interest will grow hopefully sooner than later. The party doesn't have to end at the Farris Center but it should definitely start there.

I would hope with the marketing savyness of our current administrators that efforts would be made to increase interest in our athletic programs. UCA has a great program that people just need to hear about and will hopefully want to become a part of.
Promoted, promote, promote!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:47 pm 
UserName Retired

Hey fayettenam is the best at marketing.... :roll:

You know what P.T. Barnum said..there's a sucker born every minute..(and they all attend fayetteville games)... but what is true about that last add on statement is the fact that they are attending those games, the backs are getting butts in the buckets...and just to think..UCA has a better product...scary huh??? :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:18 am 
Two-Time All-American

BEARS2006 wrote:
Hey fayettenam is the best at marketing.... :roll:

You know what P.T. Barnum said..there's a sucker born every minute..(and they all attend fayetteville games)... but what is true about that last add on statement is the fact that they are attending those games, the backs are getting butts in the buckets...and just to think..UCA has a better product...scary huh??? :wink: :lol:

I think UA has a very good product and very strong program supported by the whole state including a very large number of Conway residents. I do not consider UA athletics a local product and for that reason alone I will not invest time or money to support their program or community. But I am an Arkansan and cheer on UA, UALR, ASU, UAPB and the (all the AR) GSC schools to do well unless they face our Bears. I am a former Bear athlete and proud of UCA athletics regardless of how we currently stack up to another school. We are building a D1 program and will eventually be able to consistently beat some of the "elite" programs even if some of them (UA) continue to avoid us. Yes it still amazes me that you could live in Conway and even be a UCA student/alumni and still support the UA and neglect our Bears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:03 am 
UserName Retired

Monkey wrote:
Yes it still amazes me that you could live in Conway and even be a UCA student/alumni and still support the UA and neglect our Bears. ](*,)

Well put.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:32 am 
Two-Time All-American

Honey Bear wrote:
Monkey wrote:
Yes it still amazes me that you could live in Conway and even be a UCA student/alumni and still support the UA and neglect our Bears. ](*,)

Well put.

We live in a society of "wannabes".

Very sad. Rise up, do not be a "wannabe" suppoort your team, your school no matter which school that may be. My school and my team is
UCA!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:45 am 
UserName Retired

UCABEARS75 wrote:
Honey Bear wrote:
Monkey wrote:

Well put.

We live in a society of "wannabes".

Very sad. Rise up, do not be a "wannabe" suppoort your team, your school no matter which school that may be. My school and my team is
UCA!!!!!
=D> =D>=D>=D>=D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:24 pm 
UserName Retired

You know, I don't mind the Hogs. But my whole "deal" with them is they saturate the media, hype up the masses, then don't deliver the goods. Plus they have so much publicized "trouble" in the program. Yes, the Bears have their share of probs too, but the difference is UCA has an atmosphere and public image of "we're too busy playing winning football, come check us out!". That's how I see it anyway.

BEARS2006- proud season ticketholder in multiple sports...and I attend the games too! ......and some practices !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:52 pm 
Team Captain

last time I checked, Arkansas played winning football last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:03 pm 
UserName Retired

CharlieHog wrote:
last time I checked, Arkansas played winning football last year.

....and many Bear fans cheer... =D>