It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:42 pm 
Two-Time All-American

four of the Bears' last five losses have been by 3, 3, 4 and 6. Got to be really frustrating. I think I'd rather lose by a dozen each time out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:51 pm 
All-American

Our guys are playing soooo hard. They kept fighting and fighting.
Those last three shots were all makeable. Heck, the ball was even in the hands of the players that are good enough shooters to make those shots...still they did not go in.

So, we move on and try again Saturday at Nicholls. Just got the mules fed. I will be leaving Hammond at first light.

Burly Bear :D

John Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:09 am 
UserName Retired

Good game tonight guys...this just continues to prove that this team is very capable of beating teams in the SLC, and hopefully with a little more experience and maturity (I think I heard him say that at one point last night there were 3 Freshmen on the court for UCA!) this team will something special! Keep it up guys!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:55 am 
Two-Time All-American

joshuca wrote:
Good game tonight guys...this just continues to prove that this team is very capable of beating teams in the SLC, and hopefully with a little more experience and maturity (I think I heard him say that at one point last night there were 3 Freshmen on the court for UCA!) this team will something special! Keep it up guys!!!

We talked a lot during football season about how this year's team was "blazing a trail for us into D-I".

I hope all Bear fans realize and appreciate what this year's basketball team has done also. These guys have really played well and played hard with a terribly difficult schedule and being just a little bit short handed.

I respect this team and this year's coaching staff so much for how they have prepared, battled hard, and played very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:58 am 
UserName Retired

UCABEARS75 wrote:
joshuca wrote:

We talked a lot during football season about how this year's team was "blazing a trail for us into D-I".

I hope all Bear fans realize and appreciate what this year's basketball team has done also. These guys have really played well and played hard with a terribly difficult schedule and being just a little bit short handed.

I respect this team and this year's coaching staff so much for how they have prepared, battled hard, and played very well.
=D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:36 pm 
Two-Time All-American

King of the South wrote:
four of the Bears' last five losses have been by 3, 3, 4 and 6. Got to be really frustrating. I think I'd rather lose by a dozen each time out.

No, no, no! These close loses mean that we are just a player or two from putting the puzzle together. Just think in three years these games will help determine if we go dancing in March! \:D/ I don't think it has really sunk into all these folks our university will be fighting for the chance for March Madness and the College World Series! I know this is a football school but just making it to either of these events will bring a lot of major exposure to UCA! =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:47 pm 
UserName Retired

UCABEARS75 wrote:

Right you are PawPaw! Showing that the Bears were very competitive the first year in the SLC can only help big time when the recruiting starts. By doing very well in football we all see that recruiting went well with that sport and hopefully the same will hold true for basketball.